It sucks to miss easy questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Persistence101

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I keep thinking about the easy questions I missed in the bio section. I mean EASY. Like independent questions on glomerulus and if tuberculosis bacteria was parasitic. Ugh!! I can't stop thinking about this because missing these easy questions could cost make a whole point difference. Anyone else miss really easy questions that they couldn't believe they got wrong?

Members don't see this ad.

hopefully I didn't miss any, I tend to miss some on practice tests but yesterday I made myself be very careful not to miss them and I went back and checked as well, so hopefully I didn't miss them...who knows...we'll find out in june I suppose ;) ah it's gonna be a long wait...

Changed one of my answers on the BS section last minute form right to wrong :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel the same way; I know I missed one easy one that keeps coming back to haunt me. You have to keep in mind that you never remember the ones you got right, only the ones you didn't know. (Or so my mom keeps saying.) I'm just going to try and forget I even took the test. Hey, you can try my method of taking your mind off it...I'm taking the LSAT and GRE for fun this summer, which gives me a backup plan for a PhD or JD if the MCAT scores come back lower than expected and lets me tick off my liberal arts major friends by taking 'their' test... :laugh:

I know what you mean, I didn't get to finish the physical science section so I filled the ones I hadn't done and then went back to the questions where I left off and see how many i could get in and change to the right answer before they called timed. Well the last question I read was so easy but they called time before I could erase C and put B. I was yelling at myself all through out the test because I only needed five more seconds to change that answer. Its just not fair!!!

I can think of five such questions on the bio section that I am banging my head against the wall over. I switched 3 of the five from right to wrong at the last moment. I even TA Bio 1!!!! Argh! Hopefully it won't cost me a full point. Maybe those are the only five? (yeah, right).
Just remember, it's curved and scaled.

Good luck.

And the GRE isn't a walk in the park, either, although I felt like it was much MUCH easier than the MCAT.

I missed a question on adding resistors, the question was about adding them in parallel and I added them as if they were in series....dumb mistakes

Hey, everyone. Okay, I have been reading all the posts people have put up lately, laughing at a lot of them (I'm glad everyone can still find humor in this situation....don't let this test win by making you hate yourself or life in general), and totally empathizing with the vast majority of you. It is the not-knowing for about 60 days about your scores that can kill you. Your life is effectively on hold, all plans for summer are up in the air, and you don't know if you can throw away (or burn in my case) all those books. If you feel you did bad, then you are probably thinking you wasted months of your life, are stupid for not doing better, and kicking yourselves for missing the "easy" questions. Many of you had violent intestinal issues :eek:
I was where many of you are. I took last April's MCAT (my second time) and left TOTALLY dejected. There were so many genetics questions (the first year they were gonna increase the # of questions on it) for one thing. Plus, cell phones went off, there were a helluva lot of PS computations to do, and verbal blew big time. I started to doubt whether med. school was in the cards, though I desperately wanted it. I second-guessed all my answers and effectively convinced myself I failed. It was very easy to accomplish that.
I didn't fail. Remember, versions of tests are more difficult than others. Rest assured that most of you did the best you could. In hindsight, I wish I had fully understood these things then, after the test, but its only natural to be down. Still, always have a plan B. Mine was to go to the Caribbean if I needed to. You will do what you have to do to become a physician. Don't let a test take that goal from you. Take the test again, whatever. Take more classes if your science is weak.
I am starting med. school at Georgetown in August. I didn't kick a#$ on the MCAT but had strong LRS and health care experience. I can't boast about being in the "35+" crowd (wouldn't want to be either, a lot of those people tend to have significant interpersonal, social problems that will come out during interviews, mark my word). You may be thinking admissions committees are cold but they really want to get to know your entire application usually. Sell yourselves well and be proud of the fact that you took a test that most people are scared to take. Things always work out in the end.

yea, i know i missed a couple of simple harmonic motion questions that i was getting right no-problem two weeks ago.

i'm sure there was some bio stuff too, but my nightmarish memories of that section have already been quaranteened by the fraction of my cerebral cortex that still works properly.

superdevil said:
. . . my nightmarish memories of that section have already been quaranteened by the fraction of my cerebral cortex that still works properly.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: