ITA emails this early in the cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Orthopedics101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Is it a good idea to send an ITA email to a school this early in the cycle? Got my first interview and it's far away. I am applying to another school in the same city and if I am lucky enough to get an interview there, I would like to only make one trip instead of two.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

Is it a good idea to send an ITA email to a school this early in the cycle? Got my first interview and it's far away. I am applying to another school in the same city and if I am lucky enough to get an interview there, I would like to only make one trip instead of two.
You can; but admissions committees sometimes don't consider them. Sometimes they do. Its perfectly fine to ask, but prepared to be told no or get no response at all.

If one were to send this email, what would we even say?

"Hey I'm in the area. I dig your school - interview me"

I'm planning on writing an ITA email to one of my schools too but don't know how to say it without sounding entitled

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
If one were to send this email, what would we even say?

"Hey I'm in the area. I dig your school - interview me"

I'm planning on writing an ITA email to one of my schools too but don't know how to say it without sounding entitled

"hello, my name is GCS-15. I'm proud to interview at <LOCAL SCHOOL OF MEDICINE>.* I am travelling over <insert miles, distance, whatever> here to attend and was wondering if it would be possible to review my application sooner as I am in the area and would like to save on travel costs. Thank you."

*Certain ITA schools will REQUIRE proof of your other interview to prevent students attempting to "cut in line" without actually being ITA.

"hello, my name is GCS-15. I'm proud to interview at <LOCAL SCHOOL OF MEDICINE>.* I am travelling over <insert miles, distance, whatever> here to attend and was wondering if it would be possible to review my application sooner as I am in the area and would like to save on travel costs. Thank you."

*Certain ITA schools will REQUIRE proof of your other interview to prevent students attempting to "cut in line" without actually being ITA.

Ah I see. I didn't know it was ok to say that you were interviewing at other schools closeby. Maybe it would make them feel bad? Idk what I was thinking haha.

I might give it a shot with GW since I'm interviewing at Gtown. Can't hurt right?

You can even say that you'll be in the area for another interview and leave it ambiguous, just be warned they might need verification. Unfortunately the pre-med community tends to try to cheat and get ahead whenever possible lol

Reactions: 1 user