ITE Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peripheral2010

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks vent

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you don't want to read the book that makes the most sense to read first then don't read baby miller. even though the new edition is out and its a much smoother read...

I'd read Faust's Anesthesiology Review and Michelle Star's Anesthesiology Board Review. You can do questions if you'd like. Bout 50 bucks per book. Good stuff.

If you want a more beefy read get your hands on BIG BLUE and start cranking through that mother.

Sprinkle in some Morgan Mikhail (spelling?) Clinical Anesthesiology to try and have all those thousands of factiods make sense in a clinical way.

For you general knowlege base The ICU Book, new edition, is the best thing out there since BABY MILLER.

Michelle Star's Anesthesiology Board Review.

Anyone know if there's a new edition coming out? I mean ... 1999?

If you want a more beefy read get your hands on BIG BLUE and start cranking through that mother.

I felt this was extremely high yield for the AKT (anesthesia knowledge tests if the OP isn't familiar with the term). Especially since the AKT 0, 1, & 6 are pretty narrowly focused (with topic lists available online) it's easy to read the relevant Big Blue chapters a couple times in the weeks leading up to those tests.

I've heard some programs don't put much emphasis on AKT scores, but mine makes a big deal out of them.

For you general knowlege base The ICU Book, new edition, is the best thing out there since BABY MILLER.

Seconded.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you want to do the bare minimum, get Morgan and Mikhail and read the key points at the beginning of each chapter. Lots of high yield stuff there, and very easy to get through.

I am a PGY1 and I am just wanting some advice on this Inservice Training Exam. What do I study and for reals... please do not say baby miller..

Baby Miller or Morgan are THE books for CA-1. Take your pick, but at some point you'll need a foundation of anesthesia knowledge. Its much easier to read little review books like Starr's board review or even Jensen's review materials after you've completed a base text like Morgan/baby Miller. So, if you need to cram, pick a review book and memorize,memorize,memorize. But if you want to learn anesthesiology, pick up a real book like Miller.

i would highly recommend that you begin, early on, using the ASA/ABA's "SEE" program. they will send you a test of retired questions. this is intended as a refresher course/way for attendings re-sitting the board exam to prep (and get CME).

http://www2.asahq.org/publications/pc-228-5-2007-self-education-and-evaluation-see-program.aspx

get your program to pay for it, if possible. i have done this every year of residency, and i actually scored well-above the minimum passing score for board certification on the in-service exam last year.