Ite wtf?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hrmm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me more about the CA1 ITE?

- Is the CA1 different than the CA2/3 ITE?
- Does it cover just the basics of anesthesia or also the subspecialties that you don't see until CA2 like neuro, cardiac, pain, etc? (ie. do I need to focus on the first half of Baby Miller or is the entire book fair game?)
- Is there a website that explains the format, full content, etc? If not, can someone explain these.
- I've seen some threads already but maybe some recent successful residents have new insight... What's the best way to rock the CA1 ITE?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

The ITE is the same for each class. the score is scaled to the year of the examinee, i believe. it will test topics that you have not been exposed to and cannot be expected to have mastery of. some people will have taken cardiac, some will not, same for OB, neuro, etc.

i found baby miller to be a nice resource for the ITE as a junior resident, certainly all of it is fair game for the ITE

RTFM. Which in this case is the ABA's website.

Briefly: Same exam for all classes. Scores are NOT scaled differently for each class, but separate histograms for each class are published. So if you're typical, your score will improve but your percentile will remain unchanged.

For the new exam format, there is NOT a separate Basic and Advanced ITE. However, the score reporting will include basic and advanced topics separately.