It's 9/21 and I have had only one II out of 28 schools applied to.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LuluLovesMe

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please hold me :(

Members don't see this ad.

Be grateful that you have one.

Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That makes two of us. At least we're in good company

Reactions: 1 user
31 schools and no II's...1 rejection...

Reactions: 5 users
Please hold me :(

OP: you only need one...

Even if all 28 places gave you an invite, you can only choose one in the end. For now, just gear up and do the best you can for this coming interview. I will admit I was in your boat this entire summer and made a post in August about this but I got two IIs on the 1st week of September. Keep on truckin'...

Luck to you.

One interview is better than the cost of flying across the country multiple times to get rejected for inane reasons. Be thankful. This process is brutal in every way.

That advice sounds kind of scripted.

edit: Too soon?

Reactions: 6 users
too soon....

lol, I'm not even talking about that reason. Try "your mcat is too low". I'm all about self-improvement, but when the rejection is due to something clearly printed on my primary application, there's no reason to have me fly across the country.

I'm all for schools doing super thorough screening for interviews because it makes stuff like this more liable to be caught, and the costs of being rejected are lower especially when a portion (definitely not all) of interviews can boil down to who you're paired with, their disposition that particular day, and innate biases. It only gets more subjective with each additional layer of screening you pass and the costs become higher.

You were told your MCAT was the reason you were rejected post-interview? That's definitely frustrating... do you think they might have meant that it was too low for someone who got your interview score? That would make a whole lot more sense. Interviews are extremely subjective there's no getting around that aspect.

Members don't see this ad :)
PM me. I'd rather not derail the thread, I have more experiences to share.

Actually I'll PM you.

I thought interview + essays + LORs become more important post-interview? It seems like every school so far I've interviewed at say "if you've made it to this point in the process for us, we've already determined you're academically capable at our institution"...or is that not true?

I really hope some more of the schools I applied to show me some love D:

One is better than none.

Reactions: 2 users
It's stressful and not fun. :sick:

Seriously? Four weeks and you're worried? I've been complete at most of the 22 schools I applied to for two months now and I only have one II.

Reactions: 8 users
It's been almost 4 weeks on my first batch of secondaries now! ;<

gg. most of us have been sitting around since mid july banging our heads against the wall

Seriously? Four weeks and you're worried? I've been complete at most of the 22 schools I applied to for two months now and I only have one II.

case is a hella good interview. you should be proud of that one.

Reactions: 1 users
gg. most of us have been sitting around since mid july banging our heads against the wall

case is a hella good interview. you should be proud of that one.

Oh I am! It's my top choice so I'm really happy. But if it doesn't work out, I'm screwed.

Try having submitted all your secondaries in August and waiting for your committee letter for two months. At least you're complete and you have an actual II.
:annoyed:

Reactions: 2 users
Oh I am! It's my top choice so I'm really happy. But if it doesn't work out, I'm screwed.
It's about fit. Usually the schools that interview you are schools that fit with your application. They won't interview you if they didn't think you were a good fit. So I'm not surprised that it's your top choice, and I think you'll knock it out of the park. : )

It's about fit. Usually the schools that interview you are schools that fit with your application. They won't interview you if they didn't think you were a good fit. So I'm not surprised that it's your top choice, and I think you'll knock it out of the park. : )

Yeah, you're right, I definitely think Case is a great fit for me. I would be so happy to go there, if I got accepted here I'd probably accept the offer the second I could. Just paranoid that I won't get accepted and I'll be stuck reapplying :(

same here. thankfully it's at a school i'd be ecstatic to attend :)

I have.... 3 holds, 3 rejections, and 3 interviews. lol. But those 3 came a month and a half ago and were within a day of each other.
You don't want anyone to "hold" you. Pretty sure a hold is tantamount to a rejection.
Anyway, as gonnif said, things should pick up from now until mid-November. Remember, this part is NOT in your control anymore. Do not waste your time and energy focusing on the unchangeable. You have 27 more opportunities ahead of you! Also, I spoke to a medical student yesterday who said that she had zero acceptances, 1 waitlist....and got accepted two months before classes started. Anything can happen.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got a rejection 5 mins ago. Hurts.

Is it bad if me to read stress threads so I can feel less worried about my exams? Lol