:corny:

RussianJoo

Useless Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2004
Rock City
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Does this mean I am going to have to start buying my pens? what a sad sad day..

About the Ads

psychbender

Cynical Member
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2005
Nowhere, nowhere at all...
Status
Attending Physician
Right, so no more drug rep pens and soap dispensers, but we still have the hundreds of drug commercials on TV everyday...because patients surely can't be influenced by what they see on TV!

geogil

Still training.
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 1, 2006
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I imagine all those pens will just now be shipped to the homes of our geriatric med consumers. Now the patient can have the lipitor pen sitting around his house all day working its pernicious magic. :rolleyes:

Gern Blansten

Account on Hold
10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Northeast
Status
Attending Physician
One of the funniest products I saw a drug company give out was a hand lotion dispenser that was purple and had a big Brevibloc label on it. If you look closer at the dispenser, it had a disclaimer on it that stated that the lotion did not actually contain any esmolol/brevibloc. I can just imagine that ending up in a patient's hands and them reporting to their doctor that they have been using their antihypertensive lotion every day, "but it just doesn't seem to be helping."

Bertelman

Maverick!
10+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2006
Had a Cooch
Status
Attending Physician
One of the funniest products I saw a drug company give out was a hand lotion dispenser that was purple and had a big Brevibloc label on it. If you look closer at the dispenser, it had a disclaimer on it that stated that the lotion did not actually contain any esmolol/brevibloc. I can just imagine that ending up in a patient's hands and them reporting to their doctor that they have been using their antihypertensive lotion every day, "but it just doesn't seem to be helping."
They have similar warnings on SSRI lotions and soaps. I think they should send all those to the psych wings for the Schizophrenics.

RussianJoo

Useless Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2004
Rock City
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
yep the tygacil hand sanitizer says the same thing. i can see how some patients would mistake those products to contain the actual drugs.

I had a patient in the clinic not take her insulin for a week because she had vomiting and diarrhea and as a result wasn't eating anything but just drinking sports drinks to replenish her electrolytes.

DET0897

DET
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 19, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Copaxone made a good lip-balm stick, you could feel the medication working

pgg

Laugh at me, will they?
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2005
Not home
Status
Attending Physician

fakin' the funk

ASA Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Right, so no more drug rep pens and soap dispensers, but we still have the hundreds of drug commercials on TV everyday...because patients surely can't be influenced by what they see on TV!
Great point. Let's have the info delivered only to those individuals who know the least about medicine!

About the Ads