Its All Over Nbde 1 That Is

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

c132

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, all I figure that I can say is RETAKE. I dunno where to start complaining! But all in all, I am GLAD that it is over, even if I do have to redo it all again in a few weeks!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

OH I AM SO JEALOUS YOU'RE DONE, C132!!!!!! :clap: :hardy: :clap:

Seriously, you must feel great!!

Tell us everything. I know everyone thinks they failed after they take it, so don't worry. I am completely anticipating that feeling.....why specifically did you think it was so hard?

Remember, you can still miss 30 questions in a section and get a 90!

And also remember that we tend to forget easy questions and dwell on hard ones or ones we don't know answers to. I'm sure you did fine. Tell us about it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, now i get a nice relaxing break!!!!!!!!!! But truely that is one azz kicking test. My advice for you is to take sunday off, completely and get relaxed for it. I was up till 6am cramming for this dang thing, which was for sure the wrong thing to do!!!!

I am selling the 250 ?'s that I wrote down for $500 if anyone wants them!!!
NO just kiddin, I am so burnt out i couldn't even explain what the mesen whatever nucleus did!

I am fryed right at the moment, but Dental anatomy wasn't that bad, and I didn't even do the decks for that crap, just read over some old notes and done some old tests.

I started getting in a hurry at the end and just rushing through!

They told me my scores will be mailed out to me in 2 weeks!!!!

I could narrow the majority down to 2 answers but they were two that seemed to fit always!

6 AM?!?! Oh my god, you must have been so freaking tired!! My friend also said Dental Anat. was surprisingly easy.

What did you think was the hardest section and why?

Did you feel like you were guessing through the majority of it?

What would you suggest doing in the last 2 days.....old tests? Did you see a lot of repeated Q's?

What helped you the most in the last couple days?

Once again, congrats on finishing. I'm sure it'll turn out okay.

c132 said:
Well, all I figure that I can say is RETAKE. I dunno where to start complaining! But all in all, I am GLAD that it is over, even if I do have to redo it all again in a few weeks!!!!

Hey congrats!! I'm retaking it on Monday and my advice is DON'T DO IT!!! Only your most recent score is reported so I'm crossing my fingers that I do better...or at least stay the same!!! (I'm keeping fingers, toes, whatever I can crossed!!)

Not to mention you forget soooo much 3rd yr in dental school when ur just sitting around! :laugh:

tooth_sleuth said:
Hey congrats!! I'm retaking it on Monday and my advice is DON'T DO IT!!! Only your most recent score is reported so I'm crossing my fingers that I do better...or at least stay the same!!! (I'm keeping fingers, toes, whatever I can crossed!!)

Not to mention you forget soooo much 3rd yr in dental school when ur just sitting around! :laugh:

Can we do that!!!?...I mean after how many days we can test again if we want to?..& how many number of times can we do it in a year? :eek: :luck:

I remember thinking that dental anatomy was easy but i was surprised that i scored lower than i expected.
I think it's becase this is a subject that dental students know more about(in comparison to let's say biochemistry) so comparatively my performance wasnt much better than others so the curve didnt help me alot with it.
In all the other subjects though I scored higher than I expected especially patho/micro which all I studied for was a couple of pages from a text book and some old exams.

dentaldoc said:
Can we do that!!!?...I mean after how many days we can test again if we want to?..& how many number of times can we do it in a year? :eek: :luck:

Plan on taking the retakes exactly three months later for computer, or in Dec for the paper versions. You get two times to take it in one year. If you can't pass it at my school by the first retake they strongly consider dropping you from the program. Good luck

Any idea on the approximate percentage of repeats or repeat concepts from previous boards, rough guess? If you thought so how far did you go back in board years. Any idea is greatly appreciated

sandman said:
Plan on taking the retakes exactly three months later for computer, or in Dec for the paper versions. You get two times to take it in one year. If you can't pass it at my school by the first retake they strongly consider dropping you from the program. Good luck

Thanks! :) .Initially I thought we can retest CBT anytime & we get to keep our recent scores :smuggrin: :D

not to brag, but it feels dang good to get that test over with!!!! A good point, take your full break for lunch and relax. I didn't take a lunch, just went straight on and man was I ever sorry!!! The last 40 ?'s or so I just quickly did them, which I will prob do better guessing than actually using my brain! :D

Also get a good nights sleep before. If I could change anything, that would be what it was.

c132 said:
not to brag, but it feels dang good to get that test over with!!!! A good point, take your full break for lunch and relax. I didn't take a lunch, just went straight on and man was I ever sorry!!! The last 40 ?'s or so I just quickly did them, which I will prob do better guessing than actually using my brain! :D

Also get a good nights sleep before. If I could change anything, that would be what it was.

tell us a little bit about the test bud! What parts were tough, easy, mediocre, etc...What would u have done differently?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to all who will be taking the boards on Mon. I'll have my fingers crossed and think of you all on Mon.

Everyone cross their fingers for us.....or if you believe in it, pray!! :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

i guess i'll just cross my fingers for you then. LOL

Well, I pretty much can't stand studying anymore. My thinking is that with all this studying if I can't get at least a 90 then I don't deserve to be an oral surgeon. I mean, I wouldn't really want some guy working on me if he studied over 200 hours and couldn't pull at least a 90 on a test. Hopefully everything will work out. Good luck to everyone. Make sure you get lots of sleep tomorrow night. :thumbup:

PERFECT3435 said:
i guess i'll just cross my fingers for you then. LOL

hey, that's good enough!

hey guys......what is the artery most commonly involved in stroke? (middle meningeal, right?) one test says lenticulostriate

I have to go with lenticulostriate, a branch of the Middle cerebral. In order for a clot to get to the middle meningeal it would have to pass through the external carotid and the maxillary instead of the internal carotid and then middle cerebral (which are much larger) like the lenticulostriate.

Ya it is the lenticulostraite....its also given somwehere in the decks....read it up....am taking the boards on 13th...CBT.....wish u all the best of luck....

sjdent said:
hey, that's good enough!

hey guys......what is the artery most commonly involved in stroke? (middle meningeal, right?) one test says lenticulostriate

yes lenticulostriate is right. middle meningeal artery - epidural haematoma.
i hope i am not wrong :)

Always pick lenticulostriate if it's a choice. If there's no lenticulostriate, pick Middle cerebral A. The reason for lenticulostriate is that they are so small, fragile, weird angle in the brain & are easiest to be burst in case a clot getting in there.

tinker bell said:
Always pick lenticulostriate if it's a choice. If there's no lenticulostriate, pick Middle cerebral A. The reason for lenticulostriate is that they are so small, fragile, weird angle in the brain & are easiest to be burst in case a clot getting in there.

You guys are still talking about the test? Muahahahaha!!!!