Its Almost Winter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's just...

I don't even know what it is. As an ex-patroller, I'd say it's irresponsible. As an avid boarder, I'd say it's heroic. Either way, it's absofrigginglutely incredible.

GL, femurs. On that token, GL head, shoulders knees and toes, knees and toes.

Members don't see this ad :)
It was tough to choose Portland over SLC for residency. I will miss the awesome backcountry skiing. Will try to get out but it just cant be as good!

I'm pretty sure you can find some sick **** out there as well. You will just have to travel farther.

I have a feeling that the last words a guy like that said before coming in as a trauma were, "Check this out, dude!"

Noy or anyone else in the know,

With a Monday interview at Colorado in January comes a requisite boarding trip the weekend prior. Any advice on where to go? Looking for a place for both

Me- likes steeps, trees, and hidden powder stashes, and
GF- likes long groomed blues.

Both of us want to avoid crowds and generalized snobbery if at all possible. I'm looking at Keystone and Winter Park as possibilites, any others to consider? The closer to Denver the better I suppose, but anything within reasonable driving distance is good too.

With a Monday interview at Colorado in January comes a requisite boarding trip the weekend prior. Any advice on where to go? Looking for a place for both

Both of us want to avoid crowds and generalized snobbery if at all possible. I'm looking at Keystone and Winter Park as possibilites, any others to consider? The closer to Denver the better I suppose, but anything within reasonable driving distance is good too.

You might want to look at A basin.

For more of a resort but still without the snobbery as much as I remember, try Copper mountain.

My friend. I am your colorado ski connection. When are you gonna be there? we should meet up. i love a-basin but you need to check out loveland! heres why i love loveland.

1. closest to denver -45 min- great for post-call days
2. cheap
3. not crowded...all the *****s go to breck and keystone
4. best breakfast in the front range ski areas
5. sick back country terrain (most people drive right by it and dont realize how big the area is.
6. better snow than a-basin (check out chair 8--always windloaded and powder even when it hasnt snowed in DAYS!!!!

next, i would say a-basin. then winter park. if you have more time and money, go to copper. if you have a weekend, go to wolf creek.

www.skiloveland.com
1-800-736-3754

www.arapahoebasin.com
1-888-272-7246

www.skiwinterpark.com
303-572-7669
1-800-979-0332

www.wolfcreekski.com
1-800-SKI-WOLF

Wolf creek, best pow in the state.

But if you want the bomb, come here to Silverton. Its only about 7 hrs from Denver.

Thanks much for your replies. Loveland looks good for sure, at least judging by their trail map, and the location can't be beat. Maybe we'll go there and A-Basin or Winter Park. We'll be there 1/20-1/21, I definitely can't wait.

After looking at Silverton's maps- at some point in my life I WILL ride there for sure. Don't think we can make it on this trip but it looks.... enticing.

At this point I just hope that Tahoe gets an early winter, because my first tracks are going down there over Thanksgiving. Snow Gods, take note.

Silverton of course is ultra dope, but I left that out cuz I thought you may want closer mountains. Noy, i dont think it takes 7 hours from Denver does it???

anyway, i forgot to mention that the key to the front range is making the phone call at 6 AM and getting your snow report. this will determine where you should go and if all are equal, then consider who had the most snow over the last few days and who has the least crowds. loveland will have windloaded slopes that many miss out on. i am very suprised how underrated this place is. you can't see chair 8 from the base nor highway. in fact the majority of locals dont even know of its existence, but it is truly amazing.

I think it is 7 hrs. its about 5 1/2 from Denver to Durango and then about 1 1/2 from Durango to the ski area. My best guess.

I think it is 7 hrs. its about 5 1/2 from Denver to Durango and then about 1 1/2 from Durango to the ski area. My best guess.