It's final. God hates me.

Started by Sessamoid
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sessamoid

1K Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's final. God hates me. He's taunting me.

As usual, it's shortly before shift change and I get a critically ill patient. That's not such a big deal, because as we all know this kind of thing always comes in right before shift change.

No, what gets me is that the patient is shortly followed in by his two mid-20's daughters, who are--even for this town--unusually attractive. Stunningly so. One of them was a dead ringer for Jennifer Garner. And neither of them wearing a ring. They were ideal patient's family members, educated, intelligent, caring, and not at all demanding.

Maybe there are hospitals where those kind of people come in often, but not where I work. Blue moon kind of thing here. And ya can't really hit on family members in that kind of situation. Doesn't look good. Doesn't feel good. But it doesn't really feel good watching them walk out the door either.
 
Originally posted by Sessamoid
It's final. God hates me. He's taunting me.

As usual, it's shortly before shift change and I get a critically ill patient. That's not such a big deal, because as we all know this kind of thing always comes in right before shift change.

No, what gets me is that the patient is shortly followed in by his two mid-20's daughters, who are--even for this town--unusually attractive. Stunningly so. One of them was a dead ringer for Jennifer Garner. And neither of them wearing a ring. They were ideal patient's family members, educated, intelligent, caring, and not at all demanding.

Maybe there are hospitals where those kind of people come in often, but not where I work. Blue moon kind of thing here. And ya can't really hit on family members in that kind of situation. Doesn't look good. Doesn't feel good. But it doesn't really feel good watching them walk out the door either.

Think about it this way, if they showed up at the BEGINNING of your shift, you wouldn't have been able to concentrate on seeing any of the other patients. Then your #s and RVUs would drop and you wouldn't get a big paycheck, so you couldn't afford to take Jennifer Garner out on a date (unless she doesn't mind In-N-Out).

Q, DO
 
Originally posted by QuinnNSU
(unless she doesn't mind In-N-Out).

Q, DO


God I would kill for some IN -N- OUT. Iowa sucks!!!!!! You would think I were in Ireland these people put potatoes in everything. I'm talking potaotes in tacos. This is nuts!!!!!

PS

Sessamoid sorry about the sisters. You can alway go see the pt on the floor and have him introduce you to one of them or hopefully both.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Originally posted by QuinnNSU
Think about it this way, if they showed up at the BEGINNING of your shift, you wouldn't have been able to concentrate on seeing any of the other patients. Then your #s and RVUs would drop and you wouldn't get a big paycheck, so you couldn't afford to take Jennifer Garner out on a date (unless she doesn't mind In-N-Out).

Q, DO

that's my kind of chick -- wait, the hamburger joint??

p.s. docgeorge, i dont believe that iowa people put potatoes in tacos. that just isnt possible.

p.p.s. sessamoid, at least you werent cursed with a family of uglies to deal with.
 
Sessamoid sorry about the sisters. You can alway go see the pt on the floor and have him introduce you to one of them or hopefully both.
Oh, yeah, that's the kicker. We had to transfer the patient to another facility. So much for that idea.
p.p.s. sessamoid, at least you werent cursed with a family of uglies to deal with.
No, but "ugly" describes pretty much every other family member I have to deal with usually.

I need something to make myself feel better. Think I'll go to In N' Out....
 
Walter: The kid lives right down there by the in-n-out burger



Originally posted by Docgeorge
God I would kill for some IN -N- OUT. Iowa sucks!!!!!! You would think I were in Ireland these people put potatoes in everything. I'm talking potaotes in tacos. This is nuts!!!!!

PS

Sessamoid sorry about the sisters. You can alway go see the pt on the floor and have him introduce you to one of them or hopefully both.
 
Originally posted by uclacrewdude

p.s. docgeorge, i dont believe that iowa people put potatoes in tacos. that just isnt possible.

Wanna bet???

You know what really bites I went form a place where I could have any kind of food I wanted delivered to my house pretty much at any time to a place were Perkins (mid west version of Denny's) is your only option for food past 10:00pm.

Seiously for all the bitch!ng I do about the town I'm really happy to be in med school. Now I'm off to study for PD.

ps
It figures that the guy with the cute daughters would get transferred. You can always try my cousin's method of getting dates with some really hot chicks. Just fly some place on vacation (since you guys get some seriouse time off) and casually mention to the cute stewardess that you're and ER doc whos single. I belive he's working on stewardess #3 right now.
 
Sessamoid, come to NYC. I have often seen and gazed at eye candy here in the Ed. In fact, today I gazed again at my favorite EMT/eye candy. Granted, you might prefer a her, but still....


And I feel for you. I was working in the CCU as a fourth year. Got a young guy (active duty) with chest pain and a Utox positive. Denied drug use.. yadda yadda... Wen in to exam him, and well, yowza. Had to take a sec to regroup. Was a crying shame really.. just my type... latin, young, smart... Oh well, you win some you loose some... 😉
 
Hey DocGeorge,

Try telling these stewardesses that you're just a measly year one med student with loans up the yinyang, and I'm sure you'll get some!

Ha ha! That's almost as bad as having a girlfriend in another state, wouldn't you agree?

Just messin' with you, buddy. I swear, I'm going to hell as if my name were marilyn!

One a serious note, DocG - I stand by my statement that you belong in Ortho. Me?

I have a fever....

And the only prescription....

Is an EM residency.... Most fun I've ever had Y3, and that's saying a lot, considering I've liked everything so far. But I have a lot of time, so I guess we'll see. As a wise friend once told me:

"Forward, forward...Always forward!"

I'm not a stewardess, DG, but I have a feeling you're going to be calling me soon......
 
****....Jrab wuz up man. How you doing?

Got your message. You still up?

Speaking of girlfriend in a different state. We thought we were so mature going to the schools we liked the most. We had a conversation yesterday we realized that we were smoking crack. You know how much better life would be if we were going to the same med school... only if we had time travel.

We've had this conversation before Ortho is just not for me, not enough finess man.
 
Originally posted by Sessamoid
I need something to make myself feel better. Think I'll go to In N' Out....

Play your First-Person-Shooter of choice and make sure you're the top scorer. That always makes me feel better. Well, for a few moments, anyways.

Q, DO
 
Originally posted by Sessamoid
Oh, yeah, that's the kicker. We had to transfer the patient to another facility. So much for that idea.

Damn, I guess it wasn't to my Kaiser Facility...I sure would have remembered that. Even in SoCal, the land of the hotties, the people that come to the ER are generally FUGLY....But since I am married, I would have hooked you up Sessamoid!
MArk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Originally posted by spyderdoc
Boy after hearing all this talk about In-N-Out, I just had to go out and get me one for lunch today! Oh so gooooooood.
Mark

I'm officialy hating you right now 🙂
 
Originally posted by spyderdoc
Boy after hearing all this talk about In-N-Out, I just had to go out and get me one for lunch today! Oh so gooooooood.
Mark

Taunting those less fortuante then you is not nice.


May you have manualy disimpact a 500lb woman today.