it's finally over!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

faulknce

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished the DAT a couple of hours ago. Here are the scores:

Academic Average: 21
Perceptual Ability: 19
Quantitative: 22
Reading Comp: 22
Bio: 19
General Chem: 20
Organic Chem: 23
Total Science: 20

First of all, this is my first post here on SDN, but I have been reading all of your posts for the last couple of months and I know that I would not have done nearly as well as I did without the testimonials and advice from all of you.

To study, I used the Kaplan book and Topscore exclusively. All in all, I feel that they contained 95% of the things I was tested on. Two things surprised me about my test. One, I did WAY better on all areas of the science than I did on Topscore. I was getting a Total Science of 15-16 on Topscore and I ended up with a 20 on the real thing. Needless to say, I was thrilled. The other thing that surprised me was my Perceptual Ability score. I consistently got 22-23 on Topscore but only got a 19 on the real DAT. I think there were a couple of problems in each PA section that were a bit harder than on Topscore. Overall, I am very satisfied considering my AA scores ranged between 17-18 on Topscore.

One question....do you guys know how dental schools view a score of 19 on the PAT? Thanks again to all of you for your help and advice.

Members don't see this ad.

A 19 PAT is awesome man.( I wish I got a 19:() Give of some of your stats, GPA and the schools you are applying to

Thanks! I didn't really know what the norm was on the perceptual part.
I graduated this past May from Vanderbilt University with a 3.35 GPA. I was an Economics major in college so I only took the required prerecs for dental school (plus Cell Bio). I decided to take a year off after undergrad to put things in perspective and earn a little money, which has turned out to be a good decision. I am applying to UAB (University of Alabama at Birmingham), UT-Memphis, and the University of Minnesota (where my girlfriend lives). I think I'll probably go to UAB if i get accepted because I am from Birmingham and the in-state tuition is incredibly cheap. I've got another question.....I submitted my online application to AADSAS on September 10. Do you think that is too late to get an interview before December?

I remember I submitted my application to dental schools in september and I got an interview at Case and NYU - but Case's interview was not until March! I ended up going to marquette - I was accepted in January. This was in 1997.