It's Friday, and you ain't got no job and you ain't got....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

punjabi4evr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so what is the best thing to do tomorrow (Friday). Most of us are probably not going to study much tomorrow so what should we do that we are not bored out while keeping what we have reviewed fresh. I am planning on not talking to a lot of people tomorrow and on the exam day, so going out with friends is out of picture. Would it be wise to watch TV? What are you guys planning on doing tomorrow?

Members don't see this ad.

Tomorrow I am still going to review..... if you're someone that usually reviews up until you take a test, it'd prob be good to keep doing that. Personally.... I remember those things best and I always find something on the test that I'm grateful for reviewing just hours earlier.....

But if you're set on not reviewing..... you could cook a good dinner..... clean your apartment/house..... take a walk.... go grocery shopping.... explore your test site.... anything to keep your mind off the test I guess otherwise the day will go SUPER slow.

Today is my Friday. I'm just surfing the internet, listening to music, walking around Tokyo and scoping out the test center. I'm going to study a little bit, take a mini test and whatnot. If I were home, I'd probably find one of the many things I've put off for the Beast and work on it. Clean, work on my computer, answer emails, call people not in the medical arena, go plant a pumpkin outside my door, etc.

I am apathetic, so I guess I'm lucky. :)

Caboose.

Unfortunately, I am working all day, from 6 am until 6 pm. After that I have a dinner engagement I cannot get out of (work related get together). I am thinking of getting out early so I can look over some formulas and do some verbal. I found out that my verbal goes down if I don't review the verbal strategies.
That ought to exhaust me enough so I can get some sound sleep.
Good luck to all

Members don't see this ad :)
good luck, caboose. (from the poster formerly known as desiredusername.)

<GASP> YOU!! I quoted your immaculate advice to not take topicals in my progress journal! Rad. Thanks for the wishes.

Caboose.

punjabi4evr said:
Ok so what is the best thing to do tomorrow (Friday). Most of us are probably not going to study much tomorrow so what should we do that we are not bored out while keeping what we have reviewed fresh. I am planning on not talking to a lot of people tomorrow and on the exam day, so going out with friends is out of picture. Would it be wise to watch TV? What are you guys planning on doing tomorrow?

Get laid. Have some great Sex during the earlier part of the day, eat some good food, chill, watch a movie, maybe more great sex and, bingo, sleep real good. You will wake up the next morning refreshed.

Actually... in respone to the sex as being something to do the day before..... our Kaplan MCAT instructor who's going to UPENN med next year told us about some studies showing that blood pressure the day after having sex is decreased.....

Therefore, if you think you are going to be freaking out on test day, have lots of sex.... let those hormones lower your blood pressure for you :love:

Babylonian said:
Get laid. Have some great Sex during the earlier part of the day, eat some good food, chill, watch a movie, maybe more great sex and, bingo, sleep real good. You will wake up the next morning refreshed.

Babyl,

You must be a guy...t'aint necessarily so for the ladies.

The way I figure, I'll do like the big soccer guys do, and abstain before the big game. SEX on Fri=achy thighs on Sat.

Oh and tomorrow, in answering the original poster:

Ordering Vietnamese take-out: large chunks of rare meat
Hanging out at the hotel where I'm taking the MCAT with my dog (1 of 2) and sig other: maybe pay-per-view?
Maybe get to watch "Thank You For Smoking"

WannaDoc said:
Actually... in respone to the sex as being something to do the day before..... our Kaplan MCAT instructor who's going to UPENN med next year told us about some studies showing that blood pressure the day after having sex is decreased.....

Therefore, if you think you are going to be freaking out on test day, have lots of sex.... let those hormones lower your blood pressure for you :love:

Ha, really, probably explains why I was so chill last year. My actual score was better than any practice from what I remember.

i'm going to the beach by myself, but am going to stay under an umbrella so i wont suffer from any type of sunburn.. i'm bringing a portable radio and am going to listen to sports talk radio all day.. then, after the friday rush hour traffic, i'm going to go over to my cousin's place and have her make a huge pasta dinner as we watch the lightning vs the senators in the 1st game of the playoffs. i just got done memorizing notecards and thumbing through some old AAMC tests and the stuff looks so much easier now that i've fully reviewed.. i just want to keep this confidence up going into the big day

Oooh, I've got a good day before plan. AM: pack up my rods and tackle. Then hit a late afternoon co-ed wedding shower for a girl I used to live with and her husband to be. 3 or 4 cocktails and head home around 7:00 :sleep: . Pass smooth out for a good night's sleep. After the test Saturday I'll head straight to the trout river to join some friends who are allready one day into trout fishing. :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

Babylonian said:

LOL, my husband would like this advice. Too bad it isn't going to happen .... :laugh: