it's only september???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssk123

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i hate being in limbo. but i sure am glad i didn't go edp - i don't know how you people can put all your eggs in one basket.

Members don't see this ad.

ssk123 said:
i hate being in limbo. but i sure am glad i didn't go edp - i don't know how you people can put all your eggs in one basket.

Probably because their stats are sick and wrong.

2 thumbs up for EDP..haha

at least putting all your eggs in one basket allows you to really focus on one place and getting to know the school, curriculum, type of students, etc. That way you can go to the interview and really convey that you've put thought into going there and you are sure you'll be a good fit.

I know, theoretically people are supposed to do tons of research for each school before each interview, but it doesn't seem like they do in practice...

Members don't see this ad :)
It was SO worth it.

boilerbeast said:
It was SO worth it.

Famous quote from those few individuals who actual get in via EDP. :rolleyes:

With few exceptions, EDP is very good for medical schools and very bad for applicants.

generic said:
2 thumbs up for EDP..haha

at least putting all your eggs in one basket allows you to really focus on one place and getting to know the school, curriculum, type of students, etc. That way you can go to the interview and really convey that you've put thought into going there and you are sure you'll be a good fit.

I know, theoretically people are supposed to do tons of research for each school before each interview, but it doesn't seem like they do in practice...

That's what I thought. I really love this one school and put a lot of thought into it and I was all ready to convey this to the ADCOM when...I got deferred pre-interview. I think maybe Gleevec was right. You will probably meet him next year since he is currently an MS1 at Baylor. He tried to talk me out of it, but I just wouldn't listen.