It's out of our hands...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikecwru

M.D. = Massive Debt
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I anally checked the NRMP web site after midnight and true to word, it only showed you your rank list and didn't allow you to make any changes.

Hope everyone certified their lists and didn't have any last minute internet connection problems/changes of heart.

Now we can talk smack about the places we interviewed. Maybe I'll look out for the PD of my #1 choice and kick him in the junk tomorrow. Hehehehe.

And now that it's over, I'd like to step out of my veil of secrecy.

My name is Mike, and I am a student at Case Western Reserve.

I'll give you some time for the shock to wear off.

Who is everyone else? Fess up.

mike

Members don't see this ad.

Oliver Sostre
graudated from med school in 1998, boston university
been inthe army for the last 4 1/2 years.
have been working in an er in the army for 3 1/2 years after internship.
i live in hawaii

Hello, everyone, my name is Annette.
For years, I have wanted to become an emergency medicine physician. I am struggling with this addiction day by day. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Born: 2 March 1962 in Perth Amboy, New Jersey, USA
Spouse: Dorothea Hurley, 3 children

I was a musician/rock star turned actor.

I like driving cars, playing baseball, sleeping, eating junk food, working out at the gym, football, watching cartoons, spending time with my family and playing with my dog Scruffy.

Best of luck with the match... Try not to worry about it for the next 3 weeks.

Sincerely,
John Francis Bongiovi (AKA Jon Bon Jovi)

Amazingly enough, my name is J.P. Greer. Fourth-year medical student, University of Kentucky, and hello to everyone in Internet Land.

QuinnNSU here...

4th year at NSUCOM, the DO program in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

Likes: Wearing a thong and showing it off during my psych rotation rounds to all the manic patients. Note -> see picture that lies up and to the left of this message. Also, any Bon Jovi songs.

Motto: "You give love a bad name."

Dislikes: People who don't like casual sex.

quinn,

i wouldnt mind getting cpr from u anyday. quick question: how do u like the tampa area? im thinking of moving down to florida after school. from what ive seen, i like orlando, and miami is sexy.

Originally posted by prominence
quinn,

i wouldnt mind getting cpr from u anyday. quick question: how do u like the tampa area? im thinking of moving down to florida after school. from what ive seen, i like orlando, and miami is sexy.

Ah, prominence, you are too funny. I have to sit back and take a deep breath on this one....................:laugh:

The tampa area is real nice. I did my first two years of med school in Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area. It was definately nice but I would never like to live down there. Not to mention its very saturated in the job market and Broward/Miami/Dade has the second most lawyers per capita in the nation (2nd to LA or something). Orlando is ok, very touristy and expensive, not to mention there is NO BEACH. Why go to FL if there isn't a beach within 30 minutes? Tampa is probably the best city in FL as there's a gorgeous beach (esp when compared to the West Coast), lots of things to do, good sports teams (Bucs), and beeau--------tiful people here. Also the pay for docs is pretty good here. Know some EM attendings who just finished residency... 230k starting...

Q

quick question, what happens to those who didn't certify their lists?

scramble time?

btw, I'm very nervous.

Corey McLeod
MS IV University of South Florida

Surprised everyone is ranking the new program here so highly.....

i posted this prior but I will mention it again.
if anyone is in hawaii and would like to get together around match time just let me know.
drop me a line or a call and we can go out
[email protected]
(808) 454-2742

Mountebank, scramble, scramble, scramble. If you didn't certify, then your listed didn't get entered into the match. Pretty cruel, eh?

As for being nervous, why bother now? The deeds are done. Is there a way to take a vacation? Maybe we should all dog-pile over at Blackcat's in Hawaii? Can't imagine a nicer place to meet fate than in Hawaii. :cool:

you are all welcomed if you'd want. if you call just remember that there is a 5 hour time difference from the east coast.

Quinn, tried sending ya something but your box was full...

Originally posted by blackcat
you are all welcomed if you'd want. if you call just remember that there is a 5 hour time difference from the east coast.

Hawaii is beautiful. What island are you on? We visited Honolulu the summer between 3rd and 4th years. That's the life----except for the potential of getting shot at/bombed part. (You're in the military, right?)

mike

i was in the military.
i live on oahu.
it is wonderful, i will miss it terribly

I just returned from Maui today. It was a great way to spend my week after turning in my match list.

It is beautiful out there. I definitely didn't want to come home!