It's the 24th...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I started drafting my reapplicant essays. I know most schools ask for those from students who are reapplying.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
With our powers combined, our sarcasm ray will be INDESTRUCTABLE.


Also, I already got interview invites to those schools, Flip, so who's trailing now?😴

Hell, I already booked my flights to Palo Alto and Rochester, MN...
 
Do you guys have drafts ready or something?

About half way done. I've already submitted 2 secondaries though. (And I'm not being sarcastic). Trying to finish up another I have by the end of this week. If anyone reading this doesn't know and cares, Yale, WashU, and Baylor all have their secondaries available to everyone on their website.
 
Has anyone else convinced themselves that maybe some of the schools set their automated systems to go off at midnight tonight?😕 It could be possible, right?😛 Maybe they wanted to make sure they would have to applications from AMCAS by then...
 
About half way done. I've already submitted 2 secondaries though. (And I'm not being sarcastic). Trying to finish up another I have by the end of this week. If anyone reading this doesn't know and cares, Yale, WashU, and Baylor all have their secondaries available to everyone on their website.

I know, but don't care. Nyah.
 
Has anyone else convinced themselves that maybe some of the schools set their automated systems to go off at midnight tonight?😕 It could be possible, right?😛 Maybe they wanted to make sure they would have to applications from AMCAS by then...

I like this idea but it makes me want to stay up until midnight to check.

Thanks, now I won't be able to sleep!!! :laugh:
 
I don't mean to taunt you all, but reading this thread has made me damn glad I don't have to go through this process ever again 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
*singing* thooooooose were the days.


Seriously though, yall enjoy the next week or two. soon you'll be so inundated with secondaries you'll hate the thought of them.
Am I the only one who doesnt find secondaries bad? Maybe theres something horribly wrong with me.........:scared:
 
I heard in previous years MCW sends them out on the first day. I was really hoping to complete that one today. 🙁

Yea, it's pretty surprising that Medical College of Wisconsin didn't send out their secondary today. Last year, they sent out their secondary on the first day at around 9:30AM. I still have my email from them inviting me to submit a secondary application online.

I think I got a total of 3 or 4 secondaries on the first day last year and a few more later that week. Most secondaries usually slowly trinkle in from late-June until mid-July.
 
Am I the only one who doesnt find secondaries bad? Maybe theres something horribly wrong with me.........:scared:

Nope. They are great at first. You're like "woohoo, I'm gonna be a doctor". I really never got tired of mine. But lots of people apply to LOTS of schools. After 20+ of those, you get bored. Very bored. Or so my classmates would say.
 
Nope. They are great at first. You're like "woohoo, I'm gonna be a doctor". I really never got tired of mine. But lots of people apply to LOTS of schools. After 20+ of those, you get bored. Very bored. Or so my classmates would say.
Hahaha seriously, Elijah. Thank God you're applying to so few schools.
 
Yea, it's pretty surprising that Medical College of Wisconsin didn't send out their secondary today. Last year, they sent out their secondary on the first day at around 9:30AM. I still have my email from them inviting me to submit a secondary application online.

I think I got a total of 3 or 4 secondaries on the first day last year and a few more later that week. Most secondaries usually slowly trinkle in from late-June until mid-July.

Maybe med school adcoms don't want to work this year.
 
Or maybe AMCAS/AAMC screwed things up and primary applications weren't sent to schools today as they should have been...
Man..i have the rest of the week free i was hoping to get like 10 or so at least this week. Next week im super busy and i will be for the next 3 weeks or so 🙁...sigh
 
Would you want to deal with all these crazy neurotic pre-meds? I admire adcoms for their sacrifices to someday enhance the medical community (hopefully).

Ksmi, they've already got you brainwashed? It's way too early for that kind of stockholm syndrome to be setting in! 😉
 
Ksmi, they've already got you brainwashed? It's way too early for that kind of stockholm syndrome to be setting in! 😉
ahha shes so identifiable i think shes trying to say the right things and tone it down a bit😉. gotta love paranoia 😛
 
THey will come soon enough....a slow trickle at first but eventually the med school gods will open the floodgates and all hell breaks loose.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
👍 I'm sick of waiting.

HA! All of you guys make me laugh... What many of you dont realize is that the waiting has JUST begin, like someone else said something of the sort... try waiting from october until may to even get one acceptance... then you can be neurotic!

Relax and enjoy summer 🙂

and :luck: to all of you this year!
 
Waiting, waiting, and more waiting. Beautiful.




So we can say with confidence, no secondary emails today?
 
Waiting, waiting, and more waiting. Beautiful.




So we can say with confidence, no secondary emails today?
yah. Its 615 PST...no way any are coming out today. Hopefully some will come out in the morning so i can use this extra time i have.
 
Well to be honest, the past year was actually kinda fun in a weird way. You will enjoy it, just after an entire year of it, it got old.

If everything turns out well, you'll look back on this year fondly in the end.
 
I haven't recieved colubmia or GW either, but I did just get u of rochester.
 
Got two emails around 30 minutes ago from UTHSC and Wash U letting me know that they got my Primary. No secondaries yet though other than the completed Wash U one that is already online.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad