Its the little things.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RustedFox

The mouse police never sleeps.
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not too long ago, I made a comment on here about being married to a chef, but still making ramen noodles on occasion because "Damn, Ramen Noodles Are Good" and also because they were "it" during so many times in undergrad and med school/etc. This is despite the urging of my wife to "ask me to make you something better if you're hungry!"

I persist in this practice, because its comfortable and familiar, and because the whole ritual is ... damn good.

Another poster in the same thread volunteered that he/she grew up on simple foods (beans/rice, squirrel, etc) and while they could now afford "better" foods, that they wouldn't give up these foods, because they were "home". I may not be capturing the tenor of the exchange perfectly, but it is presently three in the morning, this is my first "day-off" after a string of three nightshifts, and despite my best efforts at turning the clock around... here I am, posting nonsense like this on SDN while on my fifth Coors Light. The night-to-day turnarounds get harder as you approach 40, kids. They do. Yeah, I hear you. I said the same thing... "not me!; I love the nighttimes and I can be up-and-at-em for the gym at 10 AM!" Pffffft. Eff you, medical student.

When I was a senior resident, I posted something on here about how I couldn't wait for my first attending paycheck, because I was going to buy myself - "Like, three hockey jerseys, maaan." That was somehow important to me at the time, in terms of magnitude. Present me is still unclear at to what past me was thinking when he posted that. Some other poster simply said: "Its the little things". They might have been mocking me. They might have been agreeing with me. I dun care. Either way, it was a good post. If you're that poster - touche'.

Its the little things.

If anybody else wants to share the "little things" that make them happy... please, this is the thread.

- and for the record, I was so proud to bring home my grouse, dove, and chukar kills as a late teen/early twenty-something, because "Dad taught me how to", and the dinners that he and my ma'a could cook with that meat were just phenomenal. That's "home food" to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
What do you think about being a nocturnist right out of residency for a few years? Or doing 1 week of nights every two months or something in practice?

I have a small sailboat. On days off, when the weather is good, I find sailing to be a particularly satisfying / stress free / peaceful hobby.

The sound of the birds and the water with the engine off is probably mine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not too long ago, I made a comment on here about being married to a chef, but still making ramen noodles on occasion because "Damn, Ramen Noodles Are Good" and also because they were "it" during so many times in undergrad and med school/etc. This is despite the urging of my wife to "ask me to make you something better if you're hungry!"

I persist in this practice, because its comfortable and familiar, and because the whole ritual is ... damn good.

Another poster in the same thread volunteered that he/she grew up on simple foods (beans/rice, squirrel, etc) and while they could now afford "better" foods, that they wouldn't give up these foods, because they were "home". I may not be capturing the tenor of the exchange perfectly, but it is presently three in the morning, this is my first "day-off" after a string of three nightshifts, and despite my best efforts at turning the clock around... here I am, posting nonsense like this on SDN while on my fifth Coors Light. The night-to-day turnarounds get harder as you approach 40, kids. They do. Yeah, I hear you. I said the same thing... "not me!; I love the nighttimes and I can be up-and-at-em for the gym at 10 AM!" Pffffft. Eff you, medical student.

When I was a senior resident, I posted something on here about how I couldn't wait for my first attending paycheck, because I was going to buy myself - "Like, three hockey jerseys, maaan." That was somehow important to me at the time, in terms of magnitude. Present me is still unclear at to what past me was thinking when he posted that. Some other poster simply said: "Its the little things". They might have been mocking me. They might have been agreeing with me. I dun care. Either way, it was a good post. If you're that poster - touche'.

Its the little things.

If anybody else wants to share the "little things" that make them happy... please, this is the thread.

- and for the record, I was so proud to bring home my grouse, dove, and chukar kills as a late teen/early twenty-something, because "Dad taught me how to", and the dinners that he and my ma'a could cook with that meat were just phenomenal. That's "home food" to me.
I share your misunderstood and maligned love for ramen noodles. My wife also thinks I'm nuts on this. But I'll go to my grave, heels dug in, that no better 20 cent meal has ever been had. Seriously. At the dollar store. 20 cents. How can you beat that? So salty, delicious and satisfying. Yum. Also, reminds me of a time when we didn't have to be so pretentious and full of bulls**t about everything. "Nope, sorry, saw your vegan acai bowl on insta. It's not 1/10th as good as my 20 ****ing cent ramen noodles. Bye."

But as far as "simple things," I could go on forever. Waking up on a day off, having slept way, way longer than I expected waking up to sunlight and no alarm, just laying in bed, nowhere to go, in no hurry. Just hanging out with my kids, doing exactly nothing, talking about silly stuff, kid stuff, laughing. Seeing family you haven't seen in a long time. On a beautiful, warm, sunny day, lacing up my running shoes and going for a run without it feeling like someone's stabbing a knife into my posterior tibial tendon, great music hypnotizing me. The love of my family. My amazing dog, cat and every pet I've ever had. Looking out at the starts on a quiet night, realizing, "Holy s**t, this universe is massive, full of trillions of stars and has been around more lifetimes than I can imagine. Being full of wonderment of how it all began." I could go on, because there's more, many more.

But I agree. It's not money, things, social status or social media likes that life is all about. It's everything else, in between. But, if you've got to stop, slow down and take it all in, or it'll pass you by.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
What do you think about being a nocturnist right out of residency for a few years? Or doing 1 week of nights every two months or something in practice?
I know 2 people who have done the nocturnist gig straight out of residency. Both got paid a differential and so they both very much liked the money. That said, neither one of them is happy with the choice and wouldn't do it again.

I'm not sure what you mean about the other option for scheduling. If you're asking if you could do a normal mix of nights every month and then do extra nights every month or two in exchange for extra money, yeah, you could do that. If you're asking if you could do NO nights and then just get them all out of the way in bulk every 2-3 months, that likely isn't an option. The problem with that plan is that on your "no night" months, you are asking everyone else in your group to work 1 or more extra nights than they would on average. Yes, they get to go down in nights every 2-3 months, however, most docs I know wouldn't take that trade. I know I would certainly veto that plan if you were looking to join our group.

As for the "little things": I live somewhere snowy. Winter gets long. Combine that with a crappy run of shifts and you get one depressed me. That said, I can always just make a cup of tea, find a patch of sunlight coming through the windows onto one of our rugs, prop up a few pillows and my dog will sidle on up to catch some indoor wintertime rays next to me while I read a book and sip at my tea. Everything seems better after that.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm in it for the fortune and glory kid....fortune and glory...oh, and the babes too.

200.gif

giphy.gif

Sure, be a nocturnist for a few years with night shift differential until you pay off your loans. Win for you, win for the group who will be ever grateful. Plus, you can pretty much make your own schedule as a nocturnist and can really do no wrong since it's in everyone's best interest to keep you happy.

Just...please don't be one of these snowflake generation docs that whines about having to work nights and gets melodramatic about how it's ruining your health, your sleep, your sex life, your chi, etc.. I'm so tired of hearing complaints from some of these brand new docs. The ER is open 24/7, 365 days a year. What did you expect?

As for your 1 week of nights every 2 months. I would laugh at you if you asked for that schedule. Nobody is going to do that for the reasons BoardingDoc stated. Less nights for you means more nights for everyone else. It's not that it's completely unreasonable, but just not practical. Nobody wants to work 7 straight nights. So, are you going to spread them out over 2 weeks then? That's 2 weeks of complete night orientation and most would find that disruptive for themselves and/or their family. I've heard people suggest that a few times over the years but it never works and never gains much traction in any of the groups I've worked. It's just much simpler in the end to take your lumps and work your share of nights like everyone else.

It is the John Deere lawnmower ("garden tractor.")

As a kid I absolutely hated mowing the lawn with one of those non-powered, rotary push mowers. I am probably the only one here who has ever seen one of those or who knows what I am talking about. Now I love mowing the lawn precisely because I don't have to. Sitting down with minimal physical effort doesn't hurt. No phone, no interruptions, perfect control, something that actually obeys my commands.

Bliss.

Reactions: 3 users
I just had ramen noodles for lunch two days ago. I literally lived on ramen through medical school and have introduced my children to the fine art of cooking ramen.

For me it's finishing a video game for the sheer excitement that I know I now get to start a new one immediately after. There is nothing quite like the feeling of getting to start a new game for me.

Not a doc yet, but for me the small (food) thing is sloppy joes. Like, Manwich sloppy joes. Nothing else will do. I grew up poor as hell and we had some interesting dishes, but sloppy joes were always home to me. My wife doesn't get it...she would much rather make some Instapot or Pinterest creation, but she does it for me a couple of times a month. I used to love hunting, fishing, etc. but now I just don't have the time (nor state permits) to do it. Now my only solace outside of medical school/family is throwing down marathon Xbox Live sessions with my old friends from home. It's basically the only way I "see" my old friends regularly anymore, but it's so much fun. I love sleep more than the average person, but once the kid goes to bed and the wife is at work, I'm perfectly content working on developing a DVT while simultaneously slaying foes with the old crew.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just had ramen noodles for lunch two days ago. I literally lived on ramen through medical school and have introduced my children to the fine art of cooking ramen.

For me it's finishing a video game for the sheer excitement that I know I now get to start a new one immediately after. There is nothing quite like the feeling of getting to start a new game for me.

Start/Finish anything good recently?

I finished Axiom Verge not long ago and immediately started Castlevania: Symphony of the Night afterwards. Wife was recently sick, so she sat on the couch and just watched Alucard slash candles and collect items for 2-3 hours. I said to her: "you don't have to sit here and watch me just waste time if you want to go to sleep or something." She replied with - "Nah, this music is great, and I keep wanting to see the next "thing" you're gonna collect."

Castlevania: SON is the best castlevania ever made. I played the hell out of that game on the original playstation back in college.

I just finished Red Dead Redemption 2. Unbelievable story, great Western game. I recently started Assassins Creed: Odyssey. Not a huge AC fan, but I really liked Greek mythology in college, to the point of taking a class on the Iliad and the Odyssey, so it seemed up my alley. So far, so good.

I ate ramen last week.
http://ramen-tatsuya.com/
However, for me, it's the ability to travel where I want. The ability to decide to put in a pool without having to go get a bank loan. The ability to buy things at any store I would shop at without worrying about it. No, I'm not going to the Bentley store, and I'm not buying watches in Vegas. But if my kids ask me for anything, generally I can buy it. Eff you Hammacher Schlemmer and your Christmas catalog with hovercrafts and stuff.
Now, I don't buy my kids everything they want because I don't want them to be little snobs. But on Christmas, if they really wanted something, it's there. Nobody crying because we couldn't afford the Bat Bot this year.
I spent a lot of my childhood not getting what I wanted for Christmas. I never had a birthday party growing up. We were never close to having a pool.
giphy.gif

Reactions: 7 users
I'm in it for the fortune and glory kid....fortune and glory...oh, and the babes too.

200.gif

giphy.gif

I say "Fortune and Glory" all the time to my wife.
She watched "Raiders" for the first time a few months back.
She is awful at "required movies" . We had to watch "Smokey and the Bandit" and "The Blues Brothers" (both of which she loved) last month.
She has never seen "Back to the Future" and hates Star Wars.
She hates the Beatles, too - but I'm not a big fan, either.
She hated Raiders, but added that "You do really think that you're this Indiana Jones guy and you wanna punch Nazis and run around jungles to find shiny things."
That was one sentence.

Castlevania: SON is the best castlevania ever made. I played the hell out of that game on the original playstation back in college.

I just finished Red Dead Redemption 2. Unbelievable story, great Western game. I recently started Assassins Creed: Odyssey. Not a huge AC fan, but I really liked Greek mythology in college, to the point of taking a class on the Iliad and the Odyssey, so it seemed up my alley. So far, so good.

Nice.
My wife has a knack for getting me amazingly cool Christmas presents.
Two years ago, she got me a FIRST EDITION of Osler's "The Treatment of Disease", pressed in 1909. Its delicate. The cost of "one shilling, net" is on the cover.
This year, she got me a beautiful version of "The Pilgrim's Progress", with giant medieval illustrations and Olde English font and all. It looks like something that Trevor Belmont found in some dark corner of some forgotten church in 1208 after he kicked skeleton ass from the place.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Start/Finish anything good recently?

I finished Axiom Verge not long ago and immediately started Castlevania: Symphony of the Night afterwards. Wife was recently sick, so she sat on the couch and just watched Alucard slash candles and collect items for 2-3 hours. I said to her: "you don't have to sit here and watch me just waste time if you want to go to sleep or something." She replied with - "Nah, this music is great, and I keep wanting to see the next "thing" you're gonna collect."
Dead Cells is a great metroidvania type roguelike. For a different genre which keeps the 8 bit feel, FTL (Faster Than Light) is amazing. The newest game by the same team "Into the Breach" is also pretty good, but not on the same level as FTL. Enter the gungeon is a great bulletstorm type game that I didn't think I'd like but am now a solid 10-12 hrs into.

Reactions: 1 users
I know 2 people who have done the nocturnist gig straight out of residency. Both got paid a differential and so they both very much liked the money. That said, neither one of them is happy with the choice and wouldn't do it again.

I'm not sure what you mean about the other option for scheduling. If you're asking if you could do a normal mix of nights every month and then do extra nights every month or two in exchange for extra money, yeah, you could do that. If you're asking if you could do NO nights and then just get them all out of the way in bulk every 2-3 months, that likely isn't an option. The problem with that plan is that on your "no night" months, you are asking everyone else in your group to work 1 or more extra nights than they would on average. Yes, they get to go down in nights every 2-3 months, however, most docs I know wouldn't take that trade. I know I would certainly veto that plan if you were looking to join our group.

As for the "little things": I live somewhere snowy. Winter gets long. Combine that with a crappy run of shifts and you get one depressed me. That said, I can always just make a cup of tea, find a patch of sunlight coming through the windows onto one of our rugs, prop up a few pillows and my dog will sidle on up to catch some indoor wintertime rays next to me while I read a book and sip at my tea. Everything seems better after that.

Sure, be a nocturnist for a few years with night shift differential until you pay off your loans. Win for you, win for the group who will be ever grateful. Plus, you can pretty much make your own schedule as a nocturnist and can really do no wrong since it's in everyone's best interest to keep you happy.

Just...please don't be one of these snowflake generation docs that whines about having to work nights and gets melodramatic about how it's ruining your health, your sleep, your sex life, your chi, etc.. I'm so tired of hearing complaints from some of these brand new docs. The ER is open 24/7, 365 days a year. What did you expect?

As for your 1 week of nights every 2 months. I would laugh at you if you asked for that schedule. Nobody is going to do that for the reasons BoardingDoc stated. Less nights for you means more nights for everyone else. It's not that it's completely unreasonable, but just not practical. Nobody wants to work 7 straight nights. So, are you going to spread them out over 2 weeks then? That's 2 weeks of complete night orientation and most would find that disruptive for themselves and/or their family. I've heard people suggest that a few times over the years but it never works and never gains much traction in any of the groups I've worked. It's just much simpler in the end to take your lumps and work your share of nights like everyone else.

I meant weeks, not months.

So do lets say 5 nights, 2 off, 5 more nights, 2 off, 5 more nights.

Basically, I've heard that some hospitalists do a nocturnist shift where they do 7 nights then 7 off or whatever, and since it seems as though nocturnists are in very high demand an EM nocturnist could do all the week nights then have the weekends free if a group wanted to do that.

I say "Fortune and Glory" all the time to my wife.
She watched "Raiders" for the first time a few months back.
She is awful at "required movies" . We had to watch "Smokey and the Bandit" and "The Blues Brothers" (both of which she loved) last month.
She has never seen "Back to the Future" and hates Star Wars.
She hates the Beatles, too - but I'm not a big fan, either.
She hated Raiders, but added that "You do really think that you're this Indiana Jones guy and you wanna punch Nazis and run around jungles to find shiny things."
That was one sentence.

Nice. Your wife sounds like my girlfriend. I also have a passion for 80s/90s movies and she often makes fun of me for calling "old" movies "classics". We also have mandatory "classics" night and I've created a list of movies she's never seen which we continue to check off. I don't get much traction with the scary cult classics (Aliens, Nightbreed, Fright Night, etc..) but she'll watch Goonies, Star Wars, Princess Bride, etc.. I think Stand By Me is next on our list or possibly Sixteen Candles after I made concessions not to make her watch Gremlins, Terminator or Blade Runner and to let her watch something with fewer explosions and blood. I'm kind of in the mood for Pale Rider though now that I think about it. I don't even know why I try though, she falls asleep 30 mins into all of these.

Indy though...timeless. I never get tired of those. As much as I hated the Crystal Skull, I was just so giddy with excitement to see Harrison Ford put on the costume one more time that I almost didn't care that Lucas singlehandedly trashed the script with all that ridiculous alien nonsense.

In the pool, on a float, beer in hand, escaping into a novel while the sun shines down.

Reactions: 4 users
My bike commute, especially in the winter on the way to a 6am shift. It's almost the best part of the job. I actually changed EDs to be able to do this. I love the cool, crisp nights, where it's still pretty quiet. I've even seen deer during my bike ride, one decided to run along the sidewalk right beside me - that was pretty surreal!

That, and firewood. I love scavenging for free firewood (which people always want to give away after chopping down trees), chopping it up with my wood splitting axe, and then watching it burn in my gaslog fireplace.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Listening to the Dead is quite calming. makes me happy when I'm sad. It's remarkable how powerfully connected they were to the human emotion.

Golf, especially by myself, is 4 hours of downtime. I remember when I used to walk a golf course, didn't matter how I felt. I would just drift off into the sky and think about random, meaningless stuff. Now it's hard for me to walk because I broke my back and I'm out of shape and my bag is heavy. Riding a course isn't bad though. Still worth it.

Listening to the Dead is quite calming. makes me happy when I'm sad. It's remarkable how powerfully connected they were to the human emotion.

Golf, especially by myself, is 4 hours of downtime. I remember when I used to walk a golf course, didn't matter how I felt. I would just drift off into the sky and think about random, meaningless stuff. Now it's hard for me to walk because I broke my back and I'm out of shape and my bag is heavy. Riding a course isn't bad though. Still worth it.

I used to love golf by myself. Would hit three tee shots if I felt like it... would just drop a ball at the 150 mark and see how close I could get.
Golfing by yourself is pretty awesome.

With regard to the Dead, its funny how we change in life. I used to hate the Dead. Hard. Now, I see them as calming and welcoming. As long as its studio-based Dead, though.
I like to say this about the Dead:

They're a great band, as long as someone else is there to tell them what to do.

"Hey guys; start playing Sugar Magnolia."
Okay.
"Hey guys; stop playing Sugar Magnolia."
Oh... yeah.

My dad imparted a recipe on me after a bitter winter TDY in South Korea. Two packs of ramen, two slices of American cheese, two eggs, and two sliced hot dogs = delicious soup. He brought it back with him and growing up, my brother and I looked forward to it.

Dead Cells is a great metroidvania type roguelike.

Dead Cells is going to be my next vacation game. I'll play it on the Switch, which I only play when I'm on vacation because I don't have my PC, my PS4, or my Xbox.

Golf, especially by myself, is 4 hours of downtime.

Golf is by far, my favorite escape. I prefer to golf by myself as well. 4 hours of peace, walking the course.

I’m only 44 but I have a sweet golf push cart. Takes all the strain off the back.

“Golf, especially by myself, is 4 hours of downtime. I remember when I used to walk a golf course, didn't matter how I felt. I would just drift off into the sky and think about random, meaningless stuff. Now it's hard for me to walk because I broke my back and I'm out of shape and my bag is heavy. Riding a course isn't bad though. Still worth it.”

It is the John Deere lawnmower ("garden tractor.")

As a kid I absolutely hated mowing the lawn with one of those non-powered, rotary push mowers. I am probably the only one here who has ever seen one of those or who knows what I am talking about. Now I love mowing the lawn precisely because I don't have to. Sitting down with minimal physical effort doesn't hurt. No phone, no interruptions, perfect control, something that actually obeys my commands.

Bliss.
Powerful dad move. I love it.

Can someone explain to me the draw of golf? I've played like twice and just don't get it. I like power driving that little ball though it doesn't seem to want to obey me. Driving across the green in the golf cart while smoking a stogie is fun but...I dunno. What am I missing? Is it the technical challenge of getting the little ball to go where you want? Is it the being outdoors aspect similar to fishing? I'd rather be hiking or trail running. The thing is...I WANT to like golf. It seems like the cool sport to do these days but damn, I just can't get into it.

Can someone explain to me the draw of golf? I've played like twice and just don't get it. I like power driving that little ball though it doesn't seem to want to obey me. Driving across the green in the golf cart while smoking a stogie is fun but...I dunno. What am I missing? Is it the technical challenge of getting the little ball to go where you want? Is it the being outdoors aspect similar to fishing? I'd rather be hiking or trail running. The thing is...I WANT to like golf. It seems like the cool sport to do these days but damn, I just can't get into it.

there are few things in life more addicting than a perfectly struck 7-iron and watching the ball do exactly as you wanted it to do. golf is my "little thing." being outside. getting some sun. hanging with my dad or a friend. when you can play the game well, there are few things more awesome. its my stress release. when i have a string of shifts, i'm basically looking ahead to my next off day so I can practice or play.

My favorite song by them is Wharf Rat. Reminds me of when I lived in NYC and I'd go running along the Hudson by the water. So damn calming, sedating.
Close second is a tie between Sugaree & Ripple.

there are few things in life more addicting than a perfectly struck 7-iron and watching the ball do exactly as you wanted it to do.
I don't know what this feels like.

Can someone explain to me the draw of golf? I've played like twice and just don't get it.
The key is to ignore the golf. It's about walking on a beautiful green course on a sunny spring day, in no hurry, hanging out with your favorite people, laughing, talking about b******t. If you can enjoy that, without letting the golf get in the way, it's fun. If you are actively trying to be, and care about being good at golf, you'll always hate it.

The Beatles are the GOAT and I can be grateful for live Dead, so long as I avoid most of the 90's stuff.

Little things for me:

Hiking in the woods next to my house, especially after a fresh snow. Somehow it's both relaxing and invigorating at the same time.

Cooking on my grill that is attached to my gas line. I never minded hooking up a propane tank, and I still love charcoal, but the security of knowing that I can just fire up my grill with no advance planning is surprisingly rewarding.

My newest, best "little thing" is thanks to my young son. He's taken to getting up early when I'm working an early morning shift. He comes into my den to read with me - I put on a Grant Green record & we get 20 minutes of peace together. It's pretty much the greatest thing ever.

With regard to the Dead, its funny how we change in life. I used to hate the Dead. Hard. Now, I see them as calming and welcoming. As long as its studio-based Dead, though.
I like to say this about the Dead:
I used to not get them, either, but they really do have some great songs. But they're an acquired taste, super subtle, quiet and certainly from a time gone past. But I like that. I love old music. Even when I was a kid, I listened to classics from before my time. Music for me, gets better with age, like wine does for wine connoisseurs.

Some artists are easier to understand, when you first hear a great cover by another artist, love it and realize it's by an artist you think sucks. Then you ask yourself, why does my favorite artist love this artist I think sucks, enough to cover their song and make it theirs? Then you go back and listen to the original are realize what you missed, why your fave loved that artist and discover this great treasure trove of music. It's amazing how many people think Dylan sucks, yet they're jamming songs he wrote, covered by other people. Make You Feel My Love by Adele, Knockin' On Heaven's Door by Gn'R and Wagon Wheel by Darius Rucker. None of them wrote those. Dylan did though.

Last edited:
The key is to ignore the golf. It's about walking on a beautiful green course on a sunny spring day, in no hurry, hanging out with your favorite people, laughing, talking about b******t. If you can enjoy that, without letting the golf get in the way, it's fun. If you are actively trying to be, and care about being good at golf, you'll always hate it.

I used to not get them, either, but they really do have some great songs. But they're super subtle and certainly from a time gone past. But I like that. I love old music. Even when I was a kid, I listened to classics from before my time. Music for me, gets better with age, like wine does for wine connoisseurs.

I s'pose you could say that enjoying The Dead & enjoying Golf have something in common.

I s'pose you could say that enjoying The Dead & enjoying Golf have something in common.
If you mean that for some people the music they listen to is as much about "the scene" as the music, then you're right.

I don't understand this reply.

Dude, I l0ve you and your posts. You're on the 'elder council' of this forum.

A'splain?

I was trying to be ironic, though I'm still (technically) under 40. I am a big proponent of Jeff Goldblum and his "age fluidity". I tell people I'm 29.

there are few things in life more addicting than a perfectly struck 7-iron and watching the ball do exactly as you wanted it to do. golf is my "little thing." being outside. getting some sun. hanging with my dad or a friend. when you can play the game well, there are few things more awesome. its my stress release. when i have a string of shifts, i'm basically looking ahead to my next off day so I can practice or play.

Maaan. You get it.

Give me a 7 iron at 150 +/- 10 yards. I'm deadly.

I was trying to be ironic, though I'm still (technically) under 40. I am a big proponent of Jeff Goldblum and his "age fluidity". I tell people I'm 29.

I read about you.

People are now trying to get in on the "I identify as" craze, trying to "identify" as a younger person. Here's a guy who feels younger and therefore "identifies as" a 49 year old. He's really 69. He says having to put "age 69" is unfairly harming his Tinder game. Lol.

69-Year-Old Dutch Man Attempts To Legally Lower His Age To 49 | HuffPost

I read about you.

People are now trying to get in on the "I identify as" craze, trying to "identify" as a younger person. Here's a guy who feels younger and therefore "identifies as" a 49 year old. He's really 69. He says having to put "age 69" is unfairly harming his Tinder game. Lol.

69-Year-Old Dutch Man Attempts To Legally Lower His Age To 49 | HuffPost

Why be 69 if you don't feel it? If you look, act younger go with it. Now if you don't look the part and can't pull it off then it's a bit ridiculous.

Why be 69 if you don't feel it? If you look, act younger go with it. Now if you don't look the part and can't pull it off then it's a bit ridiculous.

Took my wife out to dinner for her birthday (December 28). She got carded by the bartender and got the "look twice at the face, then at the card" move. She's 36. I'm turning 37 next week.
I feel every bit of 37, though. Patients say otherwise, but maaan. I feel it

Took my wife out to dinner for her birthday (December 28). She got carded by the bartender and got the "look twice at the face, then at the card" move. She's 36. I'm turning 37 next week.
I feel every bit of 37, though. Patients say otherwise, but maaan. I feel it
37 is young.