It's too late to raise a 17...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Summer Sweet

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is what I get for being 4 weeks behind on homework, not reading, and wasting my time on the internet. So I guess I'll study for January.

This is gonna be terrible if I don't correct it soon, but I think I lack the self discipline to sit in a distraction-free spot for 5 hours a day and study. Pffft, and I thought I'd be pulling 28's on my diags by now! So this is like week 6 of my TPR course, and I'l studying week 1 material...I'd rather not think about that 1600 bucks...=(. Before I get that "you deserve it for procrastinating" thing, I'm taking Ochem this quarter. But that's a crappy crappy crappy excuse because I'm not even doing much else.

Did you guys use study groups or something? I wanted to find a study buddy so that we could make it a point to study at certain times everyday, etc, to keep each other focused. But apparently, my classmates that went to the TPR course with me are entirely self sufficient/competitive. Bleh...I suck.

Members don't see this ad.

Summer Sweet said:
This is what I get for being 4 weeks behind on homework, not reading, and wasting my time on the internet. So I guess I'll study for January.

This is gonna be terrible if I don't correct it soon, but I think I lack the self discipline to sit in a distraction-free spot for 5 hours a day and study. Pffft, and I thought I'd be pulling 28's on my diags by now! So this is like week 6 of my TPR course, and I'l studying week 1 material...I'd rather not think about that 1600 bucks...=(. Before I get that "you deserve it for procrastinating" thing, I'm taking Ochem this quarter. But that's a crappy crappy crappy excuse because I'm not even doing much else.

Did you guys use study groups or something? I wanted to find a study buddy so that we could make it a point to study at certain times everyday, etc, to keep each other focused. But apparently, my classmates that went to the TPR course with me are entirely self sufficient/competitive. Bleh...I suck.

why don't you still shoot for august--i mean, try to work out a schedule where you can pace yourself and at some point catch up with you class, then take more practice tests. i mean if this is your first practice test WITHOUT studying, imagine what you can do BY studying and taking more...

plus, you've ruined this much of the summer, right? why not frig the rest? :love:

Don't quit just yet. Wait until your last set of diagnostics before considering throwing in the towel. Force yourself to get caught up with all the homework. Take 5-10 minute breaks every 30 minutes, or after you're done studying a section. It'll help you stay focused for a long period of time.

Don't worry too much; from what I've seen in general, scores improve the most dramatically during the first month or so of studying. In other words, you still have time.

Thanks for the encouragement :)

The problem is that the 17 was on the second diagnostic, so my score didn't change AT ALL after 3 weeks. So I was kinda bummed, especially since my friends all saw improvement. But I guess I'll see how much I can improve in a week, to see how my next diag comes out.