ITT: "I'm taking my talents to.........."

Started by TheOx777
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TheOx777

Full Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know we have talked about starting a "where are you going?" type of thread. I don't mean to steal anyone's thunder, but I figured I would get the ball rolling seeing that Feb. will be here soon. So post where you have decided to go and write a brief synopsis of what helped you make your final decision.

I'll go first:

I'm taking my talents to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester,MN. The place just blew me away. Faculty, staff, curriculum, medical culture and most importantly I felt like that is where I belonged. I am a "city boy", so you know this place was really special for me to choose it over some of the other "big city" schools.

CLASS OF 2014~ LET'S GO!!!
 
I'm taking my talents to Chatham University in Pittsburgh, PA. The facilities, faculty and students blew me away, as did the location in my favorite city. I was impressed with how much I feel like a person to them, and not a number in their program. The program is smaller (around 30 students per class) and it is a 2.5 year program instead of 3, so I will graduate a semester early. The cost was around 20-25k less than the other school I was considering, but I can get great clinical opportunities with both places. It was really the first impression and gut feeling that this was "the place" though that made me go for it!

December 2013 can't come soon enough!!!
 
Last edited:
I'm so tired of LeBron....so im doing more of a college football thing.

I've sent a verbal commitment to Touro (deposit), but havent signed a letter of intent (medical records, transcripts, etc) just yet. Still waiting and praying. Reason for Touro: rofl:laugh:, ummm nothing special like you guys have, just a safety for now😳😳😳
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've decided to go to Pitt! The open house filled and answered all of my gaps/questions this morning. The sample lectures a few of the professors gave provided a snap shot of the brilliance and professionalism within this program. I like the large amount of clinical hours required. Also, I love the city of Pittsburgh! I am so excited to have made this decision!
 
Me goinging to the Texas Woman's University Institute of Health Sciences in that is located in Houston. Me likes the university because their facility if verily amazingness... Okay, sorry...

I'm going to Texas Woman's in Houston. For one, the facility is just great (and small ~3000 students), the location is in the largest medical center of the world, with tons of hospitals, clinics, academic institutions, and opportunities within the health care field, the faculty is seems just great, TWU has been a pioneer in PT education in Texas, and the university's in Houston, my home town. So, yeah. Pretty great!
 
I'll be heading to Columbia. Their curriculum was solid, their affiliations are basically amazing. I felt really comfortable there (surprisingly, coming from a small town girl), and I'm ready for the next new adventure in my life. I worked really hard to get to where I am, and I feel like this is a great opportunity! Can't wait.
 
Driving all the way from the east coast to Univ. of NV- Las Vegas b/c the facilities and professors were extremely impressive when i visited for the interview. The program is affordable, and it's easy to get in-state tuition after the first year.

Turned down a dirt cheap, rural in-state school for this experience-- very excited!
 
I'll be going to a dirt cheap, in-state rural school... 🙂 NIU in DeKalb. It might not have much of a reputation, but it'll get me where I need to go! They have good pass rates on their NPTE and a solid curriculum. It's commutable, my brother goes there, and I can pay for the whole thing with what savings I have now and subsidized loans! Probably about 25K in loans after I graduate, which I expect to pay off aggressively within a year. After spending a year post bacc at a community college for those last few pre-reqs, this program can't start soon enough!! 🙂