IU school of dentistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boilermaker05

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK! I have to express my frustration about IUSD

I am in-state, gpa of 3.65, DAT score of 19, published 2 papers and research and whole 9 yards but IU hasn't accepted me. How is that fair or some reason that I am not sure of. However I did get in somewhere out of state.

Please let me know why IU is being weird. So I can calm down!

Someone told me that they want a lot of out of state students because of financial reasons.

Members don't see this ad.

boilermaker05 said:

I am in-state, gpa of 3.65, DAT score of 19, published 2 papers and research and whole 9 yards but IU hasn't accepted me. How is that fair or some reason that I am not sure of. However I did get in somewhere out of state.

Someone told me that they want a lot of out of state students because of financial reasons.

They typically accept 70 in-state and 30 out-state. Maybe you didn't have a good interview with them...

I was in your shoes last year. I called Dr. K and he told me I didn't get accepted in Dec. b/c of my science GPA. I made sure I got straight As my senior year. Then I got in.

Moral of the story: if you want to know what's going on with your status, call them and ask to speak to Dr. K.

I did call them. Dr. K said he couldn't find anything wrong with my stats. he said he was shocked himself. My science GPA is a 3.6 so, I have no clue

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry to hear that. as hard as it is to wait, stay optimistic. :oops:

It's impossible to say what the reason is, but like IWuvTeef said, it's possible your interview didn't go very well. Congratulations on the out-of-state acceptance, though. Try not to let it bug you, it's just one more wrinkle in the mess that dental school admissions has become. Good luck next year!

boilermaker05 said:

stats arent thr only thing they look at. it could have been your statement letter, your recommendation letters, your interview, etc etc.

good luck.

Don't feel too bad boilermaker05. I got the boot from IU as well. I called today and was told that I wasn't selected. This was surprising to me since I got into Penn and some other schools. I graduated from UC Berkeley this past May and had a fairly decent GPA. Their loss.

Thanks everyone....it is just hard but I should be thankful I got in somewhere better.