IUSO admission day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OptoStudent_111

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have received an invitation to attend IUSO admission day. GPA ~3.5 and OAT scores: BIO:400, CHEM:400, ORGO:400, RC: 370, QR: 370, PHYSICS: 360

I was wondering if these scores matter after being invited to the admissions day? Is everyone on the same level who is invited to a admission day "interview"?

Also, what is the admission day like? Any advice? What are the acceptance rate after attending the admissions day?

Members don't see this ad.

I currently attend IU. Admissions Day is not like conventional interviews at other schools. Don't worry about your grades and OATs at this point. It's very relaxed overall. It's all about meeting faculty, students, hearing about their experiences, and making sure the school is the right fit for you. Interact with other prospective students and ask faculty questions you might have during the panel and lunch.

Admissions day isn't an interview. That was both what was awesome and shocking about IU. You are there with a lot more students than any other interview, I had about 30-40 in my group. They would rather see how you interact with others than how you spout off answers that have been preprepared. I really liked this format and I liked the people that I met. They offering rolling admissions, so you have a good chance of still getting accepted depending on the current class size. I liked that they took us around campus a little as well as had lots of informational opportunities.

Members don't see this ad :)
Admissions day isn't an interview. That was both what was awesome and shocking about IU. You are there with a lot more students than any other interview, I had about 30-40 in my group. They would rather see how you interact with others than how you spout off answers that have been preprepared. I really liked this format and I liked the people that I met. They offering rolling admissions, so you have a good chance of still getting accepted depending on the current class size. I liked that they took us around campus a little as well as had lots of informational opportunities.

Thanks for the reply! I am very nervous, my admission day is in a few days! Do you know what the timeline is like? for example, does the entire event end at 2-3PM and we can leave? Also, you said 30-40 people in your group, are those how many prospective students? OR does that number include faculty, staff, current students? Again thanks for the reply!

Thanks for the reply! I am very nervous, my admission day is in a few days! Do you know what the timeline is like? for example, does the entire event end at 2-3PM and we can leave? Also, you said 30-40 people in your group, are those how many prospective students? OR does that number include faculty, staff, current students? Again thanks for the reply!
Sorry for the late reply! Don't be nervous! It was the least stressful interview that I have had. I hope it went well for you!

I have an admission day for IUSO coming up in October. How likely is it that I will get accepted after? I am very nervous!!!

I have an admission day for IUSO coming up in October. How likely is it that I will get accepted after? I am very nervous!!!
Hello chickengirl! I also have Admission Day in October. Thats pretty cool that your in Optometry! Maybe Ill see you

Reactions: 1 user