I've given up on UCLA secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmejia1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
They recieved my primary on 8/22; that's more than five months and I haven't recieved word regarding a secondary. As some of you've noted, they are already in the process of making offers of acceptances!

If it's taking them six months to decide if I deserve a secondary--that can't be a good sign! I'm at the point where even if (that's a big IF)I get the secondary I'll skip it! I have interviews at UCSF and Stanford: I thought they were more selectifve than UCLA?!

Members don't see this ad.

Then why don't you send them a big fat withdrawal letter so that you can be in the position where you turned them down!

I'm at the point of giving up on them too. I had everything completed in September, and still no secondary. At this point, if they do request one, I don't even think it will be worth it to answer the questions; I'm just tired of the process, you know?

Members don't see this ad :)
Believe me bro I hear you. UCLA/Drew and UCI sent me a secondary mid December..by that point I had already received an acceptace, and had filled out 25 freakin secondaries.

I just ripped theirs in half. I was so fed up with the whole process that I wanted it over with.

I hear ya UCLA2000

Kansas and Drew/UCLA finally decided to bless me with secondaries, but I think I just might puke if I have to write another essay about myself.

hey everyone,

i work at ucla som and have few friends who attend the med school. i have been working there for two years, and yet i still dont have the secondary. this is what i understand atbout ucla som...
1) they went along witht he uc application
2) they got a promise from amcas that they would recieve full/complete student application by sept
3) so they waited
4) amcas did not hold true to there promise by mid sept
5) ucla som went with our uc application
6) since everything was on the paper, and they couldnt just do mcat/gpa range so they have to look at each application
7) from what i understand, they are still doing this

dont give up. I was having the same thoughts but after speaking to ms fobert (dean of adm) now i know better. so hang in there, and fill out your secondary if you really want to go to ucla som.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by UCLA2000:
•Then why don't you send them a big fat withdrawal letter so that you can be in the position where you turned them down!•••••don't listen to this guy...I got my ucla secondary last saturday! after 7 months! their slow but they are getting to it :D

dont lose hope mister

I was told when I asked about my UC app in early december that they had done a review of it and I was on hold for a secondary. I got the secondary on dec 18th, so I'm willing to bet that anybody who turned in their UC app early, you've been reviewed at least once so far.

LOL yeah don't let big bad ole me talk you into withdrawing!

Oh wait...the initial post said "I'm at the point where even if (that's a big IF)I get the secondary I'll skip it!"

..so maybe I'm not trying to convince anyone to do anything after all!

Joe, bro, relax man, if UCLA is your number one choice, then chill, and wait patiently. You already know what kind of questions they're going to ask right? I'm sure you'll get a secondary man, if I got one, you'll definitely get one. Best of luck to you...
DON