(I've Searhed) USMLE rx Vs. U-World

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psych2014

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I really have searched extensively, and found only a few comments. Could some users who have used both, or used one for a certain reason, or had solid opinions from people they trust, weigh in here?

Anybody else experience U-world to be crazy nit picking losing the forest for the trees, and USMLE-rx to be more to the point?

Appreciate yoru feedback, as I am choosing which one to use over the next few months of prep.

Thanks a bunch.

Members don't see this ad.

for my 2 cents, UWorld's question are pretty close to the NBME forms, and if u want real nit picking, check out Kaplan's Qbank

I am using USMLE World for my prep, but I had access to USMLERx for a while and did about a hundred questions - so I have seen both banks. USMLERx is solid, and will teach you the basic concepts, but I don't think it is nearly as thorough as USMLE World.

World might be picky or have vague questions at times, but the point of World isn't to gauge your knowledge as much as it is to teach you. If you'll notice, World has a way of weaving the material you need to know into the explanations. So even if the question itself deals with something extremely obscure (which you could see on the exam, but probably won't), the answer explanations incorporate some very high-yield stuff. They are not only teaching you concepts, but improving your ability to think critically. :thumbup:

This is exactly why people should not use World as a diagnostic tool, but as a learning tool. The NBME exams are to assess readiness for the real thing.

Hope this helps!

zedx, Thanks for yoru opinion, I appreciate it in weighing my aproach.

Clemson Doc, Thanks a lot for the explanation of your experience. Makes perfect sense, and that's a very helpful appraisal of pro's and con's. Thanks for your time.

Any other comments would be really appreciated.

Last edited: