This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dox4lyfe

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the jack Westin course actually worth taking. I know it apparently helps a lot, but I wanted to know if it's "worth" it. I haven't started studying for the mcat yet, but I'm pretty sure that cars would be my weakest point. As follow up questions: 1. At what point do I know for sure I should turn to his course for guidance? 2. Should I take his course before trying to learn cars myself or should I try on my own for a month and see how I improve first? Thanks!
 
Hey! I think you're getting ahead of yourself. You should do some questions (Khan Academy has a bunch of free passages, but the AAMC CARS question packs are even better). After that, it will be clearer how much help you need.
 
Hey! I was in the same boat when I took my first MCAT. CARS was the hardest thing for me to improve on. I suggest working on CARS as early as you can and finding something that works for you at least a month before your exam so you have enough time to practice your strategy. I personally had an awesome experience with Jack (I went from 52nd percentile to 90th percentile), but obviously do what is best and necessary for you. I've never been good at verbal reasoning sections on tests so I definitely needed the help.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the jack Westin course actually worth taking. I know it apparently helps a lot, but I wanted to know if it's "worth" it. I haven't started studying for the mcat yet, but I'm pretty sure that cars would be my weakest point. As follow up questions: 1. At what point do I know for sure I should turn to his course for guidance? 2. Should I take his course before trying to learn cars myself or should I try on my own for a month and see how I improve first? Thanks!
IMO, his program is too expensive for what is offered.