Jan 2007 MCAT anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seabreeze811

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone re-taking the MCAT in Jan 2007 for this year's application cycle? any chances of interviews since it's so late in the application cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

i haven't submit my primary application. Yes, i am late. But i still hope i have a chance. I think you should give it a shot.

25 M with 3.9

Is anyone re-taking the MCAT in Jan 2007 for this year's application cycle? any chances of interviews since it's so late in the application cycle?

Many schools won't accept the January MCAT for this cycle. You'll need to check with the schools you want to apply to.

Members don't see this ad :)
i haven't submit my primary application. Yes, i am late. But i still hope i have a chance. I think you should give it a shot.

25 M with 3.9

You should submit your application ASAP. You have good chance to get accepted.

You should submit your application ASAP. You have good chance to get accepted.

Thanks for the advice. I am trying to finish up my essay and wrestling with midterms. I think i will be able to get it done before this weekend.

Many schools won't accept the January MCAT for this cycle. You'll need to check with the schools you want to apply to.

Thanks. MOst of the schools I am applying to said they will accept the Jan 2007 mcat scores.

i know western accepts it... i was working on their secondary today. i'm not going to put myself through it again--but i like schools that will accept it, none-the-less. :luck:

Thanks. MOst of the schools I am applying to said they will accept the Jan 2007 mcat scores.

Which schools accept Jan 07? I know Touro-NV and Western Comp do. Any others?? Nova & Bradenton?

Which schools accept Jan 07? I know Touro-NV and Western Comp do. Any others?? Nova & Bradenton?

i called PCOM, Midwestern Chicago, and KCOM. They all said they accept the january mcat, but it's really late in the cycle. only KCOM was able to say something positive. they interview even up to april/may and in some cases will accept applicants for the FOLLOWING year. hope that helps.

was western able to tell u anything positive? they just told me they accept jan mcat but it'll be VERY competitive by that time since it's on a rolling admissions. Did you hear anything else?

i called PCOM, Midwestern Chicago, and KCOM. They all said they accept the january mcat, but it's really late in the cycle. only KCOM was able to say something positive. they interview even up to april/may and in some cases will accept applicants for the FOLLOWING year. hope that helps.

was western able to tell u anything positive? they just told me they accept jan mcat but it'll be VERY competitive by that time since it's on a rolling admissions. Did you hear anything else?

I only spoke to Touro-NV, and they were very optimistic. I heard about Western on this board. I'm hoping my previous score & GPA may get me interviews before I retake the test. The rest of my App is great...just the MCAT that sucks.

If a school allows the MCATs taken in January, they will be considering you by the sheer fact that they are accepting it. My best advice would be to have EVERYTHING else done beforehand. You don't want to delay the process any longer. With that said, I would try to aim for an MCAT score that is a few points higher than their average, if not better. Granted, an MCAT score is not everything, but since being late in a rolling admissions process leaves you at a disadvantage, you want a score that stands out. I heard that prep courses teach students to move the mouse with your left hand while you write with your right, or vice versa, something ambidextrous like that :) On any account, best of luck for those January 07 test takers! :)

25 M with 3.9

What?!?!? Submit that now!!! You are much better off than you think!!!:luck:

I am not sure if I'm taking the january mcats or not because my scores arent the greatest but on the AMCAS website theres a list of all the md schools and whether or not they'll accept jan scores or not and the majority of schools that DO accept them are for a waitlist position so i'm assuming the DO schools are similar.

I scored a 26 P in the august MCAT this year. I am still not sure if I should retake in january. Couple of schools said that they will consider the january score only if you have taken the MCAT earlier. I dont have a stellar GPA, its close to 3.3 with C in physiology, which i might retake in spring since am graduating in december. My other option is travel to india and december and voluneteer for an AIDs clinic. I dont know which i should pick:mad: