January and after interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctaFuture

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just a quick question guys, are interviews in January/Feb for a lot of open spots or have the usually widdled down? I just wanted to know if at that time, you're still in a good position. I keep thinking it'll be for WL spots? Thx.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys just a quick question guys, are interviews in January/Feb for a lot of open spots or have the usually widdled down? I just wanted to know if at that time, you're still in a good position. I keep thinking it'll be for WL spots? Thx.

Some schools will be primarily for WL, others save spots for late interviewers. I got in directly with a March 30th interview.

Quite a few schools interview late into the season with real chances for acceptance. Some schools will specify that they are only interviewing for waitlist spots in their invitations.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do schools tell you you're interviewing for WL? or do you have to ask?

I would say that most schools still have plenty of open spots for January interviews. I had a late-Jan. interview and got in right away (and I had a 30 MCAT; so, make of that what you will). A friend and I interviewed at another school in mid-Feb., and he got in right off the bat (I got wait-listed with a good chance to get off the wait list but withdrew). When I came out post-acceptance to tour the school I now attend, interview season was still in full swing around mid to late March (and I know of at least two who were interviewing the day I came who end up being accepted). Don't stress it.