Mar 10, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys just a quick question guys, are interviews in January/Feb for a lot of open spots or have the usually widdled down? I just wanted to know if at that time, you're still in a good position. I keep thinking it'll be for WL spots? Thx.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2010
Oak Park, IL
Status
Medical Student
Hey guys just a quick question guys, are interviews in January/Feb for a lot of open spots or have the usually widdled down? I just wanted to know if at that time, you're still in a good position. I keep thinking it'll be for WL spots? Thx.
Some schools will be primarily for WL, others save spots for late interviewers. I got in directly with a March 30th interview.

Ilovewater

10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Quite a few schools interview late into the season with real chances for acceptance. Some schools will specify that they are only interviewing for waitlist spots in their invitations.

girlofgrace7

10+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2007
California
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I would say that most schools still have plenty of open spots for January interviews. I had a late-Jan. interview and got in right away (and I had a 30 MCAT; so, make of that what you will). A friend and I interviewed at another school in mid-Feb., and he got in right off the bat (I got wait-listed with a good chance to get off the wait list but withdrew). When I came out post-acceptance to tour the school I now attend, interview season was still in full swing around mid to late March (and I know of at least two who were interviewing the day I came who end up being accepted). Don't stress it.