Mar 10, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey guys just a quick question guys, are interviews in January/Feb for a lot of open spots or have the usually widdled down? I just wanted to know if at that time, you're still in a good position. I keep thinking it'll be for WL spots? Thx.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2010
Oak Park, IL
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hey guys just a quick question guys, are interviews in January/Feb for a lot of open spots or have the usually widdled down? I just wanted to know if at that time, you're still in a good position. I keep thinking it'll be for WL spots? Thx.

Some schools will be primarily for WL, others save spots for late interviewers. I got in directly with a March 30th interview.

Ilovewater

10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Quite a few schools interview late into the season with real chances for acceptance. Some schools will specify that they are only interviewing for waitlist spots in their invitations.

About the Ads

girlofgrace7

10+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2007
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I would say that most schools still have plenty of open spots for January interviews. I had a late-Jan. interview and got in right away (and I had a 30 MCAT; so, make of that what you will). A friend and I interviewed at another school in mid-Feb., and he got in right off the bat (I got wait-listed with a good chance to get off the wait list but withdrew). When I came out post-acceptance to tour the school I now attend, interview season was still in full swing around mid to late March (and I know of at least two who were interviewing the day I came who end up being accepted). Don't stress it.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads