January MCAT Technical Error

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Shadowstar

Introvert
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone experience that verbal passage with questions not pertaining to the passage? There were some students who took the computer based test and got a strange verbal passage that didn't correlate to the questions. In any case, I received a letter from AAMC that I could retake the MCAT if I wanted to and chose not to. What a mistake that was...I got my scores and my Verbal score was crap. I *know* it had something to do with the error. I sent in a rescore request last week...I just know it was a mistake on their part but I'm not sure if they'll rescore it in an honest fashion. This really affected my applications to med schools...
 
I hate to say it, but I think you're in trouble. When you said that you would take the scores, you accepted whatever screwy way they chose to grade the glitchy verbal section.
 
I also chose to have it scored anyway...and my verbal section score came out to be pretty much what I expected. You can request a letter from AAMC explaining the situation; which can be submitted to your med schools to supplement your application.
 
sorry this mcat error happened to me too. was i supposed to request a letter to send to the medical schools myself? i thought amcas was going to do this for us.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad