January test dates in US?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redman93

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone knows about possible MCAT testing dates in January in the US. I signed up for the Nov 7th MCAT but I don't feel I will be prepared enough so I wanted to reschedule to a later date but still be able to take the current version of the MCAT.

Today's the last day to reschedule but the only December MCAT testing site was in NY and then I checked all the dates in January and the only sites available were in other countries. Is it the case that all the spots in January are already taken up or is it just too far in advance for the dates to be posted yet? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

According to the AAMC twitter page they will be adding limited seats to the January dates very soon.

AAMC said they will release a limited number of seats in the US in early November and they've already decided the cities. They update that on their Twitter and website. However, I stalked the registration website and managed to find an open seat relatively close to where I live. By stalk I mean I sat there for a while refreshing different dates and what I noticed was that when seats opened up, by the time I even clicked find seat, they'd be gone. I think if you don't want to wait on the AAMC, you should probably watch the registration site for a day, especially since a new set of scores just came out yesterday.

AAMC said they will release a limited number of seats in the US in early November and they've already decided the cities. They update that on their Twitter and website. However, I stalked the registration website and managed to find an open seat relatively close to where I live. By stalk I mean I sat there for a while refreshing different dates and what I noticed was that when seats opened up, by the time I even clicked find seat, they'd be gone. I think if you don't want to wait on the AAMC, you should probably watch the registration site for a day, especially since a new set of scores just came out yesterday.

Problem is that the deadline for rescheduling was yesterday and now there are seats that opened today. I don't know if I should risk it and cancel the Nov date and hope to find a Dec or Jan date.