JC classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took some JC classes that were offered by my HS when i was a senior. I didn't really study my senior year in HS and didn't do to well in these classes. I was wondering if i was required to include these classes in my amcas application even though I took them at a different school and while i was in HS?

Members don't see this ad.

NRAI2001 said:
I took some JC classes that were offered by my HS when i was a senior. I didn't really study my senior year in HS and didn't do to well in these classes. I was wondering if i was required to include these classes in my amcas application even though I took them at a different school and while i was in HS?

are there any other classes that you DO want AMCAS to see (i.e., 'A' grades) from that specific JC. If the answer is NO, then keep quiet. What AMCAS doesn't know will not hurt them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pinkertinkle said:
But if they find out, you're risking everything.

What if they are under a different name?

I really don't understand what the concern is. if the OP didn't have them transferred to the 4-year school, AMCAS will not find out.

But just to be on the safe side, examine your current transcript from your 4-year institution to make sure they didn't note anything from that JC. If not, you're home free!

The risk is minimal, but what about the consequences?

derf said:
I really don't understand what the concern is. if the OP didn't have them transferred to the 4-year school, AMCAS will not find out.

But just to be on the safe side, examine your current transcript from your 4-year institution to make sure they didn't note anything from that JC. If not, you're home free!

I was talking to one of my friends about this and he said that they could potentially check ur social security and any school that u have ever attended will come up. This was purely speculation and he wasn't sure if they would do that. Do you think med schools could do this?

NRAI2001 said:
I was talking to one of my friends about this and he said that they could potentially check ur social security and any school that u have ever attended will come up. This was purely speculation and he wasn't sure if they would do that. Do you think med schools could do this?

that's a joke right.. :laugh:

So when did AMCAS become the CIA :laugh:

derf said:
that's a joke right.. :laugh:

So when did AMCAS become the CIA :laugh:

I guess my friend didn't know what he was talking about.

Haha, I just caught this thread after I read the thread about your friend who told you taking a lower level immunology course will look bad when you apply to med school. Is this the same friend? If so, never listen to him again. Background check from your social security number? Are they going to run a DNA test too?

willthatsall said:
Haha, I just caught this thread after I read the thread about your friend who told you taking a lower level immunology course will look bad when you apply to med school. Is this the same friend? If so, never listen to him again. Background check from your social security number? Are they going to run a DNA test too?

Hahah, yea that was a different friend, but i don't think either of them know what they are talking about, just a lot of speculation.

Uh...actually, many hospitals do run background checks, but not to see if you've taken JC classes! :)

Having said that, did they show up on your high school transcript?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea they did show up on my hs transcript

i also took some during the summer at a different jc.

Hmmm...and which of these classes show up on your official college transcript?

contact amcas to make sure, but if those classes are on your HS transcript they may be HS classes and exempt from the acmas disclosure requirement.

you are supposed to list all college level courses you took regardless of when you took them.

you wanna keep quiet? go ahead. the risk may be minimal, but there have been threads about this in the past where the med schools found out something after the student got accepted and after a few years at the med school he got kicked out.

go search and read around. but i dont think you should cover up anything. if you know about it then report it. its not like you failed or anything. grades all the way back then wont figure into their decision too much but doesnt mean you should just not report them.

jlee9531 said:
you are supposed to list all college level courses you took regardless of when you took them.

you wanna keep quiet? go ahead. the risk may be minimal, but there have been threads about this in the past where the med schools found out something after the student got accepted and after a few years at the med school he got kicked out.

go search and read around. but i dont think you should cover up anything. if you know about it then report it. its not like you failed or anything. grades all the way back then wont figure into their decision too much but doesnt mean you should just not report them.

yeah, better safe than sorry. were those grades bad ones?

No they werent bad, I got Two A's and Two B's. But it stil brings my gpa down.

NRAI2001 said:

just put it down man. the 2 Bs will not affect whether or not you get into that med school.

NRAI2001 said:

Ugh that's nothing. Do you know what I got under that alternate name? A "F"!

hamhamfan said:
Ugh that's nothing. Do you know what I got under that alternate name? A "F"!

Why would u use an alternate name?

NRAI2001 said:
Why would u use an alternate name?

Actually, I didn't know what my legal name was. I thought that was my name, so I used it (this was in high school). When started college for real, I used my legal name.