Jefferson 2008 Waitlist Movement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youcouldnever2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's keep each other updated on information or any movement on the waitlist. I'm on the HP list and badly want to get into Jefferson.

Members don't see this ad.

I am on the same list, looks like nothing yet--maybe on Thursday.

yeah jefferson is far and away my #1 school and really the only waitlist out of 4 ive kept any tabs on.. I an in the HPWL as well but nothing here either. I dont think thursday is the day either, itll prob take them a bit to see how many spaces open up and then review everyone again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also on the HPWL and Jefferson is my #1. I haven't heard anything, but am hoping for news soon... Anyone know how many people get put on the HPWL as opposed to the regular WL?

Also on the HPWL and Jefferson is my #1. I haven't heard anything, but am hoping for news soon... Anyone know how many people get put on the HPWL as opposed to the regular WL?

someone in another thread mentioned he/she heard 60% off the HPWL gain acceptance, which would lead me to believe no one does off the regular waitlist.

I have no verification of this statement though so take it with a grain of salt.

I heard (from Dr. Callahan) that they take people off of both lists.

Hi everyone - just withdrew my acceptance to JMC so there's one more spot opened up! GL to all :)

Thanks for the answers and for withdrawing :)

I'm in the same boat: HPWL. Jefferson is also by far my number one choice, and I'm dying to get that phone call. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Wut up PokerDoc.

Has anyone talked to Dr. Callahan lately? Is it possible that we could hear back today if we're on the HP list??

sooo nervous!!

I haven't heard of anyone on the HP list getting off recently, has anyone here?

I've been skimming the wait-list threads from the last couple years and it looks like very few people get phone calls around the 15th. Most of the acceptances were from the following week all the way into July/August. I guess is depends on the status of withdrawals. Anybody talk to Dr. Callahan yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the phone call for Dr. Callahan last night around 5:30. I've been on the HP waitlist since early Feb.

I got the phone call for Dr. Callahan last night around 5:30. I've been on the HP waitlist since early Feb.

Wow NuMedHead Congrats...Hope I join you soon...still waiting.

congrats numed, is jeff your first choice?

Thanks! Jefferson is my top choice. Now I've gotta figure out how I'm gonna pay for all this...:confused:

jeff hp list also. don't know our chances, but i really :love: jefferson

anyone know how many people were accepted june and later last year?

I withdrew this week so hopefully my spot goes to one of you guys. GL

Anyone hear anything from Jefferson?

I just formally withdrew from Jefferson's 2012 class, planning to attend Georgetown University School of Medicine. I hope the waitlist starts moving for you guys!

best of luck to you blackbird.. thanks for letting us know.

as for the rest of you waiting with me on the greatest phone call ever.. just be patient.. obviously as you can see, there are several of us highly qualified applicants who have jefferson as our first choice.. so clearly the deans have their work cut out for them in choosing off the waitlist.

i noticed the last person to post about getting a call (numedhead) was still on a wednesday.. i wonder if none of us will hear a word until at least next wednesday if they are sticking with that pattern, despite the fact of the 15th just having passed.

Thanks Blackbird. Good call PokerDoc...although I hope that's not the case and we all get phone calls on Monday!!!

Has anyone heard from Jefferson today? I'm still waiting for that glorious call!!! Good luck everyone!!

HP Waitlist here. I sent an LOI to my #1 JMC, what!! (like lil john):confused: Hope to see you guys there...

I heard (from Dr. Callahan) that they take people off of both lists.

I'd be interested in knowing if she said anything else about this. Was there more to your conversation? Is it because they usually go through the whole high priority list?

I hope we start hearing something soon...

I'd be interested in knowing if she said anything else about this. Was there more to your conversation? Is it because they usually go through the whole high priority list?

I hope we start hearing something soon...

I'm afraid that I don't have any other info. I was disappointed to end up on the LP WL so I send an email basically asking if the LP list is a polite rejection... I was told not to give up because they "do" take people from both lists (sadly I don't know if they exhaust the HP list before going to the LP list). Good luck everyone! I hope to join you at JMC!

I'm afraid that I don't have any other info. I was disappointed to end up on the LP WL so I send an email basically asking if the LP list is a polite rejection... I was told not to give up because they "do" take people from both lists (sadly I don't know if they exhaust the HP list before going to the LP list). Good luck everyone! I hope to join you at JMC!

That is the same information that I have received. I don't know if Dr. Brooks is super nice and making me feel ok, but she seems pretty positive about my chances even being on the normal wait list.

That is the same information that I have received. I don't know if Dr. Brooks is super nice and making me feel ok, but she seems pretty positive about my chances even being on the normal wait list.

Eh. Not to be a pessimist, but I'm on the normal waitlist and she gave me the same impression. "I'm sure you'll be fine," she said. I think they're just super nice and don't won't us to give up hope because there's still a *slight* chance we might get in. :rolleyes:

Eh. Not to be a pessimist, but I'm on the normal waitlist and she gave me the same impression. "I'm sure you'll be fine," she said. I think they're just super nice and don't won't us to give up hope because there's still a *slight* chance we might get in. :rolleyes:

Buzzkill.

:p

Yah Buzzkill, seriously. I'm on the HP list and I've been hearing the same thing as you guys from Dr. Brooks. :confused:

well tomorrow is going to be a big day for someone(s). All we can do is hope our name gets picked out of the hat

Do they meet every Wednesday for sure? Or are we all just crossing our fingers?

Do they meet every Wednesday for sure? Or are we all just crossing our fingers?

they did during the interview season.. we are presuming this to hold true through the entire process but we are unsure.. so far the only person who has posted on here as being accepted did so on a wednesday.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Numedhead said he got accepted on Tuesday evening actually.....5/13. He made his post on Wednesday.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Numedhead said he got accepted on Tuesday evening actually.....5/13. He made his post on Wednesday.
Yea, however, I PMed Numedhead, and he was actually part of the DIMER program. So i don't think I've started taking regular HP waitlisters. But i don't know for sure.

BUMP!

Any news from anybody yet?

Who knows if today's the day.

:scared:

If it is its only one of the days ;)

Yea, however, I PMed Numedhead, and he was actually part of the DIMER program. So i don't think I've started taking regular HP waitlisters. But i don't know for sure.

thanks for clearing that up!

for those of you who also didn't know, here's what DIMERS is:

Delaware Institute for Medical Education and Research (DIMER)

Through DIMER, Delaware has a relationship with Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, resulting in Jefferson Medical College functioning as Delaware's medical school. Through the program, the state of Delaware provides payment to Jefferson Medical College to reserve at least 20 admissions each year for Delaware residents.

I asked Dr. Callahan a few days ago about WL movement for my friend, and she said she's still "in a holding pattern" because of multi-acceptance people that haven't withdrawn and other linkages. So, you guys probably won't see significant movement until June.

I asked Dr. Callahan a few days ago about WL movement for my friend, and she said she's still "in a holding pattern" because of multi-acceptance people that haven't withdrawn and other linkages. So, you guys probably won't see significant movement until June.

Just curious what "other linkages" might mean? Is it the Post-Bacc students or DIMER.

thanks for that update blitz.. at least we wont start getting nervous if May ends without an update

Start getting nervous? :p

Anyone hear anything new?

Anyone else think it is ridiculous that people are still holding multiple acceptances (not counting those that just got in off a waitlist)

Start getting nervous? :p

Anyone hear anything new?

Anyone else think it is ridiculous that people are still holding multiple acceptances (not counting those that just got in off a waitlist)

theres not much they can do if those schools failed to give them financial aid letters in a certain amount of time.. id venture to guess that would be most people's reason