Jefferson 2008 Waitlist Movement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else had terrible experiences on the phone with JMC? I always get the same lady and she's rude and completely unhelpful.

Members don't see this ad.

The news I heard last week, as I am sure FFF will confirm, wasnt very promising as Dr. Brooks explained the list is not moving like it has in past years and they have taken far fewer so far than they typically do by this time. She hopes a ripple effect opens some spots in a few weeks but beyond that isnt sure what is going to happen.

In other words, the day to day worrying is useless, so do yourselves a favor instead of asking every day if there is news, its easier not to worry about it so much and keep improving yourself to make yourself a stronger applicant. We probably wont be hearing much until at least the middle of the month

Dr. Brooks told me esentialy the same thing. I didn't want to freak you guys out with the "bad news" but like PokerDoc said....its no use worrying. I'm enjoying my summer and haven't given up yet....but I am also looking to the future. Good luck everybody.

Hi all, i've been watching this thread for a few weeks now. Out of curiosity, how many ppl here have other acceptances but are still hoping for a jeff. admission?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, i've been watching this thread for a few weeks now. Out of curiosity, how many ppl here have other acceptances but are still hoping for a jeff. admission?

Not me. Just hoping for Jeff. :(

lelu yes the ppl who answer the phone are rude but dont let that throw you. everything else is great.

i like drinking mo mo mojito. another plus for going to jefferson!

I've got another acceptance but would like JMC...

Does anyone know another number I should call? I keep getting the same horrible lady!

I've got another acceptance but would like JMC...

Does anyone know another number I should call? I keep getting the same horrible lady!

patience is key, just relax and try to stay cool haha

nothing for me yet...this gets harder everyday

For all of you waiting like I am...what are you doing in the mean time? Are you all already submitting AMCAS for next year? I can't decide if I should...I guess I'm holding off for a bit. I am still trying to come up with my back up plan. What are your back up plans for next year?

Good luck everyone! I just withdrew from the HP wait list.

Thanks Luigi! Where are you planning on going instead of JEFF?

there have been nothing but crickets on the jefferson newswire lately.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea dr. brooks told me this morning they havent moved at all since last week

i didnt specifically ask but i dont think shed tell me that.

Thanks Luigi! Where are you planning on going instead of JEFF?

Hey, sorry. I haven't been checking sdn as frequently now that I'm finally on summer vacation and have no schoolwork to be distracted from haha. I'm going to UC Irvine in the fall. I just was waiting it out to see if I would get in to Jeff, but I gave up. Good luck to everyone still waiting (I got in off the waitlist at UCI btw)

I know what u mean.

yea i really like her though, shes been the nicest adcom i've dealt with all year, you actually feel like she cares, and she def does.

good luck dr. luigi, cal is gorgeous.

yea i really like her though, shes been the nicest adcom i've dealt with all year, you actually feel like she cares, and she def does.

good luck dr. luigi, cal is gorgeous.

Thanks, PokerDoc!

Hey guys, I've never posted before, but I'm HP at jeff as well with no acceptances elsewhere. I wanted to know if anyone knew why some people talk with Dr. Brooks and others talk with Dr. Callahan. I didn't even know who Dr. Brooks was until everyone on this thread started talking about her. Anybody have any clarifications?

Thanks, good luck to all. Hopefully we'll get some movement shortly.

Hey guys, I've never posted before, but I'm HP at jeff as well with no acceptances elsewhere. I wanted to know if anyone knew why some people talk with Dr. Brooks and others talk with Dr. Callahan. I didn't even know who Dr. Brooks was until everyone on this thread started talking about her. Anybody have any clarifications?

Thanks, good luck to all. Hopefully we'll get some movement shortly.

I've never gotten either person, just the evil secretary. I was interviewed by Dr. Christian (minority affairs) and spoke with him right after my interview in Jan, but he has ignored my latest email. How are you all contacting them?

it seems like jefferson is the only school without waitlist movement right now.

i dont think there has been really any movement since a few people got off in May. Luckily I got off the WL at another school I wanted to go to, but im interested to see if Jeff will take anyone off. I guess they put on such a good show that everyone who got accepted wants to go there.

i dont think there has been really any movement since a few people got off in May. Luckily I got off the WL at another school I wanted to go to, but im interested to see if Jeff will take anyone off. I guess they put on such a good show that everyone who got accepted wants to go there.

Yeah. It is especially strange considering that they said a third of their class comes from the waitlist. Maybe this year is an exception? :cool:

tell me about it. I think that they are just way too optomistic and give us all hope (which has mainly been false hope). I guess we can still pray but i think its about time to move on.

I dont think it was intended to be false hope, even they are surprised with how little waitlist movement there has been this year.

I don't know about WL movement in other places, but I do know that only a couple of people got off the WL at another school in Philly (Penn), when in the past movement involved between 30 and 60 people.
So it's probably safe to assume that the same is going on at Jeff.
Good luck!

Anyone hear ANYTHING from Jefferson lately?

I withdrew from the Jefferson HP waitlist last week. I will be attending Rosalind Franklin next year. Good Luck everyone and I hope you hear something soon!

...any one get the call after some of these people have withdrawn recently???

...any one get the call after some of these people have withdrawn recently???

nope. none at all. I wrote Dr. Brooks on monday and she said that they havent had any movement at all recently. She still hinks its possible that a few might come off but even her email was much less positive than before. I think that while we can hold onto some hope, there really isnt much of a chance anymore. Anyone else agree?

nope. none at all. I wrote Dr. Brooks on monday and she said that they havent had any movement at all recently. She still hinks its possible that a few might come off but even her email was much less positive than before. I think that while we can hold onto some hope, there really isnt much of a chance anymore. Anyone else agree?

dido. Her latest email reply was much less positive.

Has everyone pretty much given up hope at this point?? Orientation starts in a couple weeks. :( Have people started to submit their applications for next cycle already or are you planing on waiting it out a little longer??

Has everyone pretty much given up hope at this point?? Orientation starts in a couple weeks. :( Have people started to submit their applications for next cycle already or are you planing on waiting it out a little longer??

i spoke to dr callahan because i basically told her i was ready to sign a lease at albany and end this saga and she told me that theres a very small chance i could get accepted and that she understood i needed to do what i needed to do.

the impression i got was they dont expect another person to move at this point.

i think its time to move on. I am happy holding an acceptance at a different school and will attend there next year after deferring for a year. I hope someone gets off the WL in the next week or two but otherwise, best of luck.