Jefferson P4 vs Temple CST-BCHS postbac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted1020839

Trying to make a decision between the these two Philly postbac programs. Does anyone have any insight on either of them? Is one better than the other or are they pretty much equal?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both are awesome. Temple has guaranteed linkage (you're "conditionally accepted" to the medical school if you get in the program and finish it without being terribad), so that's a leg up. I'm not sure how Jefferson's linkage works.

Both are awesome. Temple has guaranteed linkage (you're "conditionally accepted" to the medical school if you get in the program and finish it without being terribad), so that's a leg up. I'm not sure how Jefferson's linkage works.

You're getting Temple's post-bac programs confused- ACMS is the program with the conditional acceptance. BCHS, while there is a linkage, is not a guaranteed acceptance. You need to meet certain GPA/MCAT requirements to be given an interview, but there is the possibility of being rejected post-interview.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to Jeff and had a friend who went to temple PM me. I’d go with Jeff but I’m biased and I had a great application cycle and love the program and faculty like they are my family. I seriously visit the office whenever I am in town.

Reactions: 1 user
You're getting Temple's post-bac programs confused- ACMS is the program with the conditional acceptance. BCHS, while there is a linkage, is not a guaranteed acceptance. You need to meet certain GPA/MCAT requirements to be given an interview, but there is the possibility of being rejected post-interview.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Yes, I was going to point that out as well. Linkage available but not guaranteed after speaking with some current students and faculty.

Any input on one vs the other Kevin? It seems they are fairly similar.

Honestly, I don't know anything about the Jefferson program. The programs are both very similar and LKSOM/SKMC are both very similar medical schools (purely in terms of prestige and tier) so I think either program will be good. BCHS is relatively new but the students in the program are very happy and the faculty are definitely dedicated to your success. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with either program.

If you're asking the difference between BCSH and ACMS, ACMS is not a career-changer post-bac and it's also very difficult to be accepted into the ACMS program.

Dang, you're right. I thought OP was referring to the BCMS program (same program as ACMS but for folks who haven't taken prereqs). I didn't realize the synonyms were so similar. For BCMS there is guaranteed linkage, provide you meet the GPA/MCAT requirements. Temple needs to get better at naming their programs to decrease confusion haha.

I'm starting the BCHS program in May and it seems really solid. I'd never heard of the Jefferson program in all of the post bacc research I did... I encourage you to apply at Temple.

Trying to make a decision between the these two Philly postbac programs. Does anyone have any insight on either of them? Is one better than the other or are they pretty much equal? I’ve had positive interview experiences at both.

As far as whether either one is objectively better, my anecdotal research has found each to have its share of success stories. I had an acquaintance who had a great experience at Jefferson's 1 year P4 program and is now in medical school. Both programs reliably connect students to PCOM and have linkages to their med school programs that seemed equally difficult.

I was accepted by both and I went with Temple's program. I won't bother with all the details as they may be superfluous in answering your question, but I'd be glad to share via DM if you want to know more about my personal reasons for picking Temple. In short, I found the Temple interview to be more structured, in-depth, and engaging than Jefferson's interview. I also loved that Temple's BCHS / BCMS curriculum is specifically designed to focus on topics relevant to the MCAT while meeting the core science needs for medical school. I did not get the same impression of the curriculum from Jefferson.

Status
Not open for further replies.