jefferson today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yakshemash! I've got an acceptance at last! If you didn't get a call yesterday, don't worry too much yet - Dr. Callahan wasn't able to get to everything yesterday. Cryptic messages about decisions being mailed should not dissuade you either. I'm going to go get a drink! :-D

congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on all the recent acceptances. Just wondering whose going to second look day in april?

It's finally confirmed. I got the postcard in the mail yesterday afternoon with a postmark date of March 1st. Apparently the decision was made last week.... still no phone call from Dr. Callahan.... I feel left out. But at least now I know I am going to medical school... YEAH! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
so anyone know how full the class is at this point? a friend of mine just got an interview invite for the end of the month and having someone else there could really push me back toward Jeff...

so anyone know how full the class is at this point? a friend of mine just got an interview invite for the end of the month and having someone else there could really push me back toward Jeff...

Jeff says that they never interview for the waitlist. I know of people who got in (not waitlisted) even though they interviewed on the last interview day.

That's good to here. I really REALLY want to go to Jefferson. Here's to hoping.

It is that time of the week again...and I've got my fingers crossed for the call!

Has anyone gotten a phone call from Jefferson today? I interviewed last week and I'm DYING to go there...this is torture!

I think the adcom meets from 12-2 (right now!), and phone calls are made in the late afternoon and early evening.

I'm hoping to get one today too!

Good luck to everyone! I'm still hoping for a phone call as well.... :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the call from Dr. Callahan 20 minutes ago. After two years, I'm finally going to medical school! Best of luck to everybody else that is still waiting.

I just got the call from Dr. Callahan 20 minutes ago. After two years, I'm finally going to medical school! Best of luck to everybody else that is still waiting.

Congratulations!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Welcome aboard! Isn't that the best phone call you've ever received?

Congrats pacboy!! :)

Looks like we interviewed on the same day -- no call on my end, though. I'm trying not to get bummed out...

Congrats Pacboy :)
Still no call for me either, 2/28 interview.....
:luck: everyone!

Congrats pacboy!! :)

Looks like we interviewed on the same day -- no call on my end, though. I'm trying not to get bummed out...

I'm really confused why people seem to think that a 1 week turnaround is normal for Jefferson. 2-3 weeks is actually the average - it really does depend on when/if your interviewer was able to relay his/her decision to the adcom. Don't get discouraged!

I'm really confused why people seem to think that a 1 week turnaround is normal for Jefferson. 2-3 weeks is actually the average - it really does depend on when/if your interviewer was able to relay his/her decision to the adcom. Don't get discouraged!

Dr. Callahan says during the orientation they typically try for 1 week turnaround. I was nervous too, so I don't blame everyone :luck:.

Dr. Callahan says during the orientation they typically try for 1 week turnaround. I was nervous too, so I don't blame everyone :luck:.

She said that?! Hmmph - things have changed in the past couple of years, I see.

Oh well - in any case, 3, even 4, weeks is not unusual. Don't give up hope people! :)

Just got the call from Dr. Callahan today, interviewed on 2/28 also...btw, to pacboy, stillremains, and DrZhivago, which ones from that day were you guys?

For anyone who was accepted with a Feb/Mar interview, can you post your stats?

I got the call at 6:45 today from Dr. Callahan!!!! I interviewed March 7th. I can't believe Im actually going to med school

Just got the call from Dr. Callahan today, interviewed on 2/28 also...btw, to pacboy, stillremains, and DrZhivago, which ones from that day were you guys?

I'm the asian guy that pick Zoolander as his favorite movie. And to Aertzin..yes..that was the best phone call of the year for me :thumbup:

Keeping the faith alive for a Wednesday call....good luck to everyone who is still waiting, too! :)

:luck: :luck: :luck:

Got the call about a half hour ago (I was writing a midterm and Dr. Callahan left me a message)!

All the best to everyone else today!

Congrats Morris! Thanks for the update.

:)

Hey all, I interviewed one week ago and also got the message from the Dean an hour or so ago. good luck to all!

I interviewed 3 weeks ago (2/28) and got put on the high priority wait list 2 weeks ago. I'm still hoping for that call...it didn't come today :-( maybe next week :)

Has anyone been accepted off of the high priority wait list? I sent a letter of intent as soon as I heard I was on the wait list. Any other suggestions/advice??

Congrats to all that have been accepted!

do the phone calls only come on wednesday? and have people been accepted without getting these special phone calls?

do the phone calls only come on wednesday? and have people been accepted without getting these special phone calls?

Based on what I've gathered from this thread and other Jefferson threads, almost everyone got their acceptance call on a Wednesday.... sometime after the adcom meets that day. There, are however, some exemptions I'm aware of. For example, Johnnydrama, I believe and I got the call on a Thursday, but that's probably *speculation here* because Dean Callahan was too busy to call on Wed. as Rose1414 pointed out earlier. She had a meeting at Penn State that particular Wed.

I believe Malla, who posted earlier on this thread said she got accepted without a phone call (just got the postcard in the mail). Someone said the same thing in a different thread.

The best thing you can probably due is call the school and ask if a decision has been made on your file. Perhaps they did not discuss your file on this particular Wed., and you might be discussed next Wed?

Best of luck to you.

Kahuna23 is absolutely right. I was accepted without a phone call. I still kinda feel left out about the whole thing! I wanted to hear Dr. Callahan's cheery voice, but oh well! But, I got my acceptance through snail mail over a week after the decision was made. This may be an exception though. I live in Hawaii so the time difference is awful and the mail time is horrendous. The admissions office was not very helpful. I called after I got some random e-mails from the finaid and IT departments. You could try calling, but I think it is best to just wait it out. Like some of the other posters have said... sometimes it takes 3-4 weeks.

Good Luck to everyone!:luck:

hey guys...i was told by the admissions office staff that the decision on my app was made on 3/8 (i interviewed on 2/21)...however it's been 2 weeks and still nothing in the mail. Should I call the office again or keep waiting (n pray nothing was lost in the mail?)

hey guys...i was told by the admissions office staff that the decision on my app was made on 3/8 (i interviewed on 2/21)...however it's been 2 weeks and still nothing in the mail. Should I call the office again or keep waiting (n pray nothing was lost in the mail?)

Just FYI to help you make your decision: I also interviewed 2/21, decision made 3/7, acceptance call 3/8, acceptance card postmarked 3/13, and received in my Southern Cal mailbox on 3/19.

Hope you get in!

Alas, no phone call for me -- I received my High Priority Waitlist letter in the mail today. (Interviewed 2/28.)
I'm lucky to have a few other acceptances in hand, but really love Jefferson and plan to stay on the list. Please wish me luck! :luck: :luck:

And congrats again to all who have been accepted :)

Just FYI to help you make your decision: I also interviewed 2/21, decision made 3/7, acceptance call 3/8, acceptance card postmarked 3/13, and received in my Southern Cal mailbox on 3/19.

Hope you get in!

Wow.... looks like we all interviewed on the same day. Good luck to you Tiffvin! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Kahuna23, we may be classmates. :) Do you have any other acceptances? Where is Jefferson on your list?

Kahuna23, we may be classmates. :) Do you have any other acceptances? Where is Jefferson on your list?

Hi Malla,

Jefferson is first on my list right now. I fell in love with Jefferson and really want to go there! I just wish tuition wasn't so high. I am still waiting on a couple other schools, particularly UC Irvine....if I get an offer there, I would have to consider it as tuition is much cheaper at UCI.

But yeah, tentatively Jefferson! I'll most likely see you there (assuming you're heading to Jeff as well)! :D

hey kahuna and malla!...yay to 2/21 interviewees! =) i'm crossing my fingers n will try to keep you all posted when something does land in my mailbox. But congrats to you guys! really happy for everyone who got in. i am horrible w/ names but i def. remembered that everyone was suuuper nice on the interview day! thanx again for replying to my post! =)

Hey everyone,

Congrats to all those who got an acceptance! I got my "high priority" alternate list letter and I was wondering if anyone knows what the odds are of getting in from this group. I have another acceptance, but I really want one from jeff!

Hey everyone,

Congrats to all those who got an acceptance! I got my "high priority" alternate list letter and I was wondering if anyone knows what the odds are of getting in from this group. I have another acceptance, but I really want one from jeff!

I have a feeling that waitlist movement is pretty substantial. Its a big classs, so once may 15th rolls around you should start hearing. BTW, anyone goin to second look?

anyone get a phone call today???????????????????????????????

hey jefferson classmates. congrats and see you in the fall!

The calls go out surprisingly late (think 8-9 PM), and may not come until tomorrow, or possibly a week or two for those with the last interview slot. Good luck everybody who is still waiting. :luck:

When I got my call, it was around 8:30 PM, 3 weeks after my interview.

Got the call today too. Interviewed last week, call came sometime between 11:30-4:00 PST (I was in an area with no service and didn't get hte call till an hour ago. :)

Hmm, I got the alternate list letter (aka no mention of a high priority). Does this mean Jeff actually ranks the waitlist?

Oh, congrats to all who got accepted (you lucky bastards).

Hmm, I got the alternate list letter (aka no mention of a high priority). Does this mean Jeff actually ranks the waitlist?

Oh, congrats to all who got accepted (you lucky bastards).

hey when did u interview and when did u get the letter ??

Interviewed 3/14, letter about 3/25.