Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
TV_Addict said:
Bump. I'd also love to know what "high priority" waitlist means!

not sure what that means, but I would assume its a good thing, considering how many students come off the waitlist. If you are interested in Jeff I would keep on top of Dr. Callahan by frequently letting her know you still want to go there. Everyone I talked to on interview day, including my interviewer and student interviewer, urged me to contact her if I really was interested. I wrote her an email and got in just a week later.

Members don't see this ad.

i was told by another sdn-er that there is a high priority waitlist and a regular waitlist, so i am optimistically assuming that the high priority waitlist contains "higher priority" candidates

sorry I haven't responded yet to those who've emailed me, hopefully this will suffice in answering all questions....

as far as my experience at Jeff, last year I was going through personal issues (lost someone very close to me) and unfortunately I'd have to say I worked through these things DESPITE facutly at Jeff, not because of them (ie they didn't help situation, prob made it worse)...as far as general observations, Jeff is very conservative, at times oppressively so (i'm pretty moderate)- I'm starting to realize this much more as I branch out in my friendships and rotate through hospitals affiliated with other academic institutions; combine this with a general ignorance/indifference to society outside the hospital (ie politics; expect little cultivation of outside interests here at Jeff) and you'll become an avg-good practitioner (I say avg b/c although clinical curriculum is strong, our first two years are horribly organized; ie blatant discrepancies between lecturers, syllabi, and exams) woefully equipped to practice medicine in a time of great legal, administrative, and political influence (maybe even worse you'll be lacking the inspiration or knowledge to alter or reverse these influences)...again, I'm sure some at my school would disagree but these are my personal observations

sorry I haven't responded yet to those who've emailed me, hopefully this will suffice in answering all questions....

as far as my experience at Jeff, last year I was going through personal issues (lost someone very close to me) and unfortunately I'd have to say I worked through these things DESPITE facutly at Jeff, not because of them (ie they didn't help situation, prob made it worse)...as far as general observations, Jeff is very conservative, at times oppressively so (i'm pretty moderate)- I'm starting to realize this much more as I branch out in my friendships and rotate through hospitals affiliated with other academic institutions; combine this with a general ignorance/indifference to society outside the hospital (ie politics; expect little cultivation of outside interests here at Jeff) and you'll become an avg-good practitioner (I say avg b/c although clinical curriculum is strong, our first two years are horribly organized; ie blatant discrepancies between lecturers, syllabi, and exams) woefully equipped to practice medicine in a time of great legal, administrative, and political influence (ie you'll be lacking the inspiration or knowledge to alter or reverse these influences)...again, I'm sure some at my school would disagree but these are my personal observations