Jensen Blue Audio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akmed07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys;

I will be CA-1 starting July 08 and will be doing 3 hours of daily commute, so i was wondering if there are any good books available in audio version that you know that i could listen while driving? I just came to know about Blue CDs for Jensen's board review but they are so ridiculously expensive.

Would anyone be willing to share/sell their audio stuff with me, please?

Thanks;
AK

Members don't see this ad.

Word of advice:

Invest in a good car audio system and rock out to some Audioslave, Tool, or Britney Spears...whatever floats your boat. If you do anesthesia all day and then listen to 3 hours of more anesthesia you have a 99% chance of going postal after 6 months. Trust me, I had the same thoughts as a CA1 and wasted a lot of money on educational audio material.

Yeah its going to be horrible especially in winters.

Members don't see this ad :)
What time do you have to be there in the a.m.? you are going to have to get up at like 4 am.... and drive an hour and half post call.....god help you!

I was gonna buy it alone, but if you'd like to split the cost, I'd be willing to go halvsies, or even thirds if you have another friend in mind.

Audio Blue is going to be your premier audio reference but another option I've seen is the Osler institute audio review of anesthesiology (Osler.org), you can get some stuff from audio-digest.org as well. I think the Cleveland Clinic has some audio stuff too but I haven't looked into it...

I was gonna buy it alone, but if you'd like to split the cost, I'd be willing to go halvsies, or even thirds if you have another friend in mind.

Hey I am also going to buy this stuff :) Ideas how we can work this out?

I think you'd be better off with audio digest lectures. Some of them are quite good and they go into much more depth. Audio Blue gets extremely monotonous after about 3 minutes. A good chunk of it are these ridiculous warmup cheers and Ranger camp nonsense that has no value and can be skipped over. It is also pretty superficial and references the big blue textbook quite a bit. I guess I could see going through one lecture (5-30 minutes) on a commute like that but pace yourself.

I think you'd be better off with audio digest lectures. Some of them are quite good and they go into much more depth. Audio Blue gets extremely monotonous after about 3 minutes. A good chunk of it are these ridiculous warmup cheers and Ranger camp nonsense that has no value and can be skipped over. It is also pretty superficial and references the big blue textbook quite a bit. I guess I could see going through one lecture (5-30 minutes) on a commute like that but pace yourself.

Where do you think i could get the audio digest lectures from? I just want to spend my commute time in a way that doesnt let me fall asleep on the wheel and make me learn something so i dont have to read when i get home everyday.