Quantcast

JHU ScM in epidemiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qwerty42

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi guys,

Does anybody know anything about the ScM program at JHU? I am applying to the ScM program in infectious disease epi and I'm curious about who applies, who gets accepted, how big of a program it is, etc. I should have started this earlier since the app is due tomorrow :) but any insight would be appreciated. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere here before.

Thanks!

Last edited:

yersenia

Reaction score
I'm applying for the MHS in infectious disease epidemiology at Hopkins, which isn't quite the same, obviously, but closely related. I submitted my application on December 6 and haven't heard back yet (which is making me very anxious; fiance has a job offer in Ft. Meade, but we can't make a decision on it until Hopkins gets back to me). But as far as I can tell, those who have heard back are MPH and Ph.D candidates, so perhaps they are just a little slower with ScM/MHS applicants.

mandyL

mandyL
Reaction score
I'm surprised that the deadline for ScM Epi is Feb 1... I'm currently a 2nd year ScM in clinical trials epi at Hopkins. There are many tracks within epi and I think ID is the biggest one. In my class there are ~5 master's students in ID epi and in first-year's class there are ~8 students who are in ID epi. My classmates come from a variety of background: medicine, biology, math, etc. I applied two years ago and I was accepted at the end of March. I know a few other classmates who were notified on that date too.

Sushi5

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Does anybody know anything about the ScM program at JHU? I am applying to the ScM program in infectious disease epi and I'm curious about who applies, who gets accepted, how big of a program it is, etc. I should have started this earlier since the app is due tomorrow :) but any insight would be appreciated. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere here before.

Thanks!
I have applied for MPH In infectious Ds(Epi) and also accepted. :)

EpiWin

Epic-demiology
Reaction score
I'm in the ID epi track right now, doing the MHS. I got my decision in the beginning of March last year. It's a great program, definitely a lot of work but the quarter system gives you opportunity to take a huge variety of courses.

qwerty42

Reaction score
I'm applying for the MHS in infectious disease epidemiology at Hopkins, which isn't quite the same, obviously, but closely related. I submitted my application on December 6 and haven't heard back yet (which is making me very anxious; fiance has a job offer in Ft. Meade, but we can't make a decision on it until Hopkins gets back to me). But as far as I can tell, those who have heard back are MPH and Ph.D candidates, so perhaps they are just a little slower with ScM/MHS applicants.
Good luck!

qwerty42

Reaction score
I'm surprised that the deadline for ScM Epi is Feb 1... I'm currently a 2nd year ScM in clinical trials epi at Hopkins. There are many tracks within epi and I think ID is the biggest one. In my class there are ~5 master's students in ID epi and in first-year's class there are ~8 students who are in ID epi. My classmates come from a variety of background: medicine, biology, math, etc. I applied two years ago and I was accepted at the end of March. I know a few other classmates who were notified on that date too.
I was pleasantly surprised that the deadline was so late as well. Thanks for this info! I'm quite happy to hear that backgrounds are quant/science heavy. :) Sounds like it might be a good fit for me.

qwerty42

Reaction score
I'm in the ID epi track right now, doing the MHS. I got my decision in the beginning of March last year. It's a great program, definitely a lot of work but the quarter system gives you opportunity to take a huge variety of courses.
Glad to hear you're liking it. I may ask you some more specific questions if I get in, but for now, I wait...