1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Job Experience

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Stamatcr, May 4, 2007.

1. Stamatcr

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I am currently ending my first year of undergrad work and I have been a waiter at the same restaurant for the past year and a half. What do you think would look better on a application. A person who was worked at the same place for 2.5 years and voulnteers in the pharmacy field during the summers or a person who has a pharmacy related job for only about a year?

In essence should I quit my job now find a job more related to pharmacy or should I keep being a waiter at the same place.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Idesiretosling

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    If you know you can get a pharmacy tech job, it is good experience and it looks good on application. I mostly volunteered and worked at a restaurant myself, and it worked out fine for me. If you can get the tech job, I say take it, you could always be a waiter part time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. piyi

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I would also take the tech job; I feel it is important that you actually work in a pharmacy before deciding to go to pharmacy school so that you know whether pharmacy is right for you.