Job Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stamatcr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently ending my first year of undergrad work and I have been a waiter at the same restaurant for the past year and a half. What do you think would look better on a application. A person who was worked at the same place for 2.5 years and voulnteers in the pharmacy field during the summers or a person who has a pharmacy related job for only about a year?

In essence should I quit my job now find a job more related to pharmacy or should I keep being a waiter at the same place.

Members don't see this ad.

If you know you can get a pharmacy tech job, it is good experience and it looks good on application. I mostly volunteered and worked at a restaurant myself, and it worked out fine for me. If you can get the tech job, I say take it, you could always be a waiter part time.

I would also take the tech job; I feel it is important that you actually work in a pharmacy before deciding to go to pharmacy school so that you know whether pharmacy is right for you.