Job Hunting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone taking a job in central Jersey?
I know someone with 2 dogs and a cat who could be your first client.
I live in central Jersey, but they'd have to wait two years to see me :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So I need some advice from you experienced job seekers. There's a clinic in my area that I'm interested in, and I've been told they frequently hire students for the summer. I've never done the whole going into the clinic in person to inquire about a job thing. What's the best way to approach it? Do you ask to speak to a hospital manager, or do you just tell the receptionist that you're interested in a job? Do you generally include a cover letter with your resume? Anything else important I should know?

I usually contact places via email/snail mail first, so I'm a little lost with this. :oops:

Yes include a cover letter. What I've done in the past is gone in and asked to speak with someone regarding any hiring opportunities. The receptionist usually goes and gets someone at that point.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dress ready to interview on the spot, take a resume and cover letter with you. I would always go in and had the receptionist my resume, let them know I had heard they may be looking for someone, an then ask if there was anyone available for me to talk to and get more information from. Don't be too put off if they just take your resume and tell you no one is available at the moment. Some clinics don't like to talk with applicants until they've had a chance to look at all the resumes and applications.

Thanks for the tips! I'm going to try to stop in at the clinic this week. :xf: