Job Hunting

Started by cowgirla
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

So I need some advice from you experienced job seekers. There's a clinic in my area that I'm interested in, and I've been told they frequently hire students for the summer. I've never done the whole going into the clinic in person to inquire about a job thing. What's the best way to approach it? Do you ask to speak to a hospital manager, or do you just tell the receptionist that you're interested in a job? Do you generally include a cover letter with your resume? Anything else important I should know?

I usually contact places via email/snail mail first, so I'm a little lost with this. 😳
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dress ready to interview on the spot, take a resume and cover letter with you. I would always go in and had the receptionist my resume, let them know I had heard they may be looking for someone, an then ask if there was anyone available for me to talk to and get more information from. Don't be too put off if they just take your resume and tell you no one is available at the moment. Some clinics don't like to talk with applicants until they've had a chance to look at all the resumes and applications.