Job listing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CyrusHabs7695

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, very early in process of looking at jobs/learning about what to look for. Came across this one, can someone explain what the catch might be? Other than it being in a "less than desireable" area (alabame is cool in my opinion).

Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 8.19.07 PM.png

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 8.44.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 8.44.21 PM.png
    112.1 KB · Views: 122
Sounds pretty good. Thing to remember is that making money isn't magic -- if you want to pull in $1M you have to work for it. That means big # studies/hour. Need to clarify workload.

Sounds pretty good. Thing to remember is that making money isn't magic -- if you want to pull in $1M you have to work for it. That means big # studies/hour. Need to clarify workload.

Yeah makes sense. Im sure its extremely variable, but what is a typical partner buy in number look like?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can vary from nothing (the year or two you spend working up to partner is the buy in), $50-100k, or much more -- on the order of $200k+ -- if the group has significant assets (e.g., imaging equipment) you're buying in to.

Hi all, very early in process of looking at jobs/learning about what to look for. Came across this one, can someone explain what the catch might be? Other than it being in a "less than desireable" area (alabame is cool in my opinion).

View attachment 365342

Reading between the lines, I think I am familiar with this practice. It is an extremely busy, but well run, practice in a less than desirable location, even by Alabama standards. The buy-in is considerable, as in it will be higher than your mortgage (even if you buy the mansion that most people would), meaning that you will be tethered to this location and practice in a way that is not easily broken should your circumstances change. There is also a strong expectation that the interventionalists function as DRs a substantial part of the time. Depending on your preferences, those things can be big deals, little deals, or even desirable. YMMV.

Reactions: 1 users
Agree. Extremely busy is the first thing that comes to mind if they're doing over $1m per year per partner with 12 wks vacation.

I'm a little curious what the partner buy-in is if their comp is W2.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah makes sense. Im sure its extremely variable, but what is a typical partner buy in number look like?

It varies based on how practices are structured and if they own any equipment/real estate.

My current group does not own anything so buy-in was minimal-10-15K...If a group owns stuff (particularly in a desirable place to live) then you may need to take out a loan.

In general to make 99th% income, one will be reading 99th% volume which is soul-crushing (unless you have the ability to disconnect yourself from your dictations). Funny how some of these high-volume groups over high end vacation time. At face value seems great but it simply means that you are reading that much more when you actually do work.

Reactions: 1 user
It varies based on how practices are structured and if they own any equipment/real estate.

My current group does not own anything so buy-in was minimal-10-15K...If a group owns stuff (particularly in a desirable place to live) then you may need to take out a loan.

In general to make 99th% income, one will be reading 99th% volume which is soul-crushing (unless you have the ability to disconnect yourself from your dictations). Funny how some of these high-volume groups over high end vacation time. At face value seems great but it simply means that you are reading that much more when you actually do work

What does this part actually mean though, like you would be doing 12 hr shifts instead of 9-5 or something?

What does this part actually mean though, like you would be doing 12 hr shifts instead of 9-5 or something?

Based on my experience it simply means your are reading more per hour. I suppose you can stay a few hours late each day if needed but that becomes a major lifestyle hit. Another major issue with this is that staffing for call is based on being able to handle that volume/hour so call can become a nightmare given expectations on turn-around time etc....I've been in 4 different private practices and the higher volume groups actually had 8 hour work shifts compared to the 9 that my current mod-volume group has.

Reactions: 1 users