Job Market/Practice Environment in Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

visco

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This question is for residents and practicing physicians, but anyone with knowledge of the area or who can direct me to specific resources is more than welcome to provide input.

I’m a 3rd year medical student in Texas who grew up in Colorado. My entire family still lives in Colorado and my wife and I would love to move back for residency or immediately after. I was wondering if anyone could offer any input on the job market for family physicians in Colorado. I’m specifically curious about private practice versus working for a large system like UCHealth (which seems to be expanding rapidly and embracing the PCMH model in some really great ways), what family doctors can reasonably expect to earn in each practice setting, which areas are the most saturated with family doctors and where the need is for more, and general information on the practice environment and job satisfaction from legislative/bureaucratic and social/economic standpoints (i.e. what makes Colorado a great or not-so-great place to practice FM?).

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Also curious, following.