JOB- MID GA-FORENSIC PATH-$350-400,000

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

y2k_free_radical

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
SENATOR friend of mine wishes to establish a forensic lab in MACON,GA. Offering above compensation to qualified physician. Contact CARDEN SUMMERS at [email protected]. or 404-463-5258.

Members don't see this ad.

SENATOR friend of mine wishes to establish a forensic lab in MACON,GA. Offering above compensation to qualified physician. Contact CARDEN SUMMERS at [email protected]. or 404-463-5258.

Is this an M.E.office involved with the government or is this a “forensics lab”.(DNA, ballistics, explosive residue,ink analysis stuff)?
Damned good money for an ME. About time.

Is this an M.E.office involved with the government or is this a “forensics lab”.(DNA, ballistics, explosive residue,ink analysis stuff)?
Damned good money for an ME. About time.
JOB is with the forensic pathology division of the GEORGIA BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (GBI). Pay is set high to attract a good candidate who may be alone but will run the local department. Most of the forensic pathologists are in ATLANTA with a very few in SAVANNAH.

JOB is with the forensic pathology division of the GEORGIA BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (GBI). Pay is set high to attract a good candidate who may be alone but will run the local department. Most of the forensic pathologists are in ATLANTA with a very few in SAVANNAH.

Interesting and unusual. I’ve not heard of a State’s equivalent of the F.B.I. being the hiring and controlling entity of a state Medical Examiner system. Certainly not optimal. Florida, for example, has an independent State Medical Examiner Commission. No cops involved. However, lots of the budgeting is done by the various Judicial circuits to which the various Medical Examiner offices are assigned. For the two (and only) years I served as an associate M.E. in FL from 1988-1990 ( while also working at a two pathologist hospital, me being one) we didn’t even have our own facility. Had to use the morgue at the local “big” hospital which was across the street. Decomps were frowned on there and had to be done in the funeral homes(very sub-optimal) or we begged a neighbor M.E. jurisdictional office, which had dedicated facilities, to use theirs. This was necessary for x-ray stuff and modern facilities if there was any foul play suspicion/ charred body, etc. It vas very sub-optimal to say the least. They got their own facility a couple years later after my group moved me to my own hospital in 1990. I would cover M, W and every other F. The “chief” who also had a local solo hospital practice did the other days. No weekends unless it was a BIG deal. Paid $90 K which went straight to my group. Considering I got this first job out of the USN for 100K ( a bit low at the time), I was , in essence, getting 10K for my hospital work. Naturally, I was the worker bee there because the partner I worked with ( who had been alone) was now freed up for flying lessons 3 mornings /week, lots of vacation to scuba in Fiji, come in late, leave early, etc. At least our “morgue” for most cases was across the street and we had a good diener.

Isn’t it fun to pay dues? But, after being a good, non-complaining minion they made me a Gru in ‘92.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user