Job offer with no salary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharm.D2020

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a job offer from a large reputable company but the offer has zero details regarding pay or hours. In fact the job offer states "actual salary will be provided at a later date." I would prefer a formal offer that clearly lays out all aspects of the positions, pay, hours, benefits etc. How do I go about getting the full information without offending the company/manager?

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds fishy. I would simply tell them there is no way you can make an informed decision in the absence of concrete details. No one (with any sense) would accept a position without knowing specifics. Asking that certainly shouldn't be offensive.

Reactions: 1 users
I received a job offer from a large reputable company but the offer has zero details regarding pay or hours. In fact the job offer states "actual salary will be provided at a later date." I would prefer a formal offer that clearly lays out all aspects of the positions, pay, hours, benefits etc. How do I go about getting the full information without offending the company/manager?

Being that the offer is incomplete, is a decision from you actually expected?

It would be very odd for a prospective employer to expect anything more than an acknowledgement if they've communicated an incomplete offer letter.

I would just say something along the lines of thank you for the exciting opportunity, and I look forward to reviewing the formal offer letter with start date and compensation package included.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Reputable

So none of CVS, Walgreens, Riteaid, Walmart

Reactions: 1 user
No one would ever accept an offer without knowing pay.

In real life, pay is one of the things you should discuss first. If it doesn't meet your criteria, you tell them asap so you don't waste each others time, or start the negotiation process.

They are probably waiting for the next round of BLS projections to come out and drop to -30% so that they can bake this into their salary forecasts and offer you the latest "market rate" pay.