1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

job opportunities

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by retty, Dec 14, 2005.

1. retty

retty Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

hello
    would anybody know the availability of job opportunities after the completion of advanced standing in united states? and what kind of visa allows one to work in united states? and if so, are there hospitals or clinics that would sponsor for that kind of visa? i am wondering if it were worth it to spend so much tuition...please advice,

regards,
    retty susan

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. BlueToothHunter

10+ Year Member

would anybody know the availability of job opportunities after the completion of advanced standing in united states?

Well, you get to work as a dentist...

and what kind of visa allows one to work in united states?

As a non-immigrant, you can work with H1-B visa. You can't with a student visa, the F-1 visa.

and if so, are there hospitals or clinics that would sponsor for that kind of visa?

You'll have to get a state dental license first. Graduating alone doesn't guarantee you a job nor a dental license. Some clinic may hire you but then some may not. It depends on who you are negotiating with.

i am wondering if it were worth it to spend so much tuition...please advice,

There are always other opportunities other than what you're thinking of. If the money issue is important to you, I'd suggest you look at staying in your home country.. only you will know what you want and what you are worth. Choose carefully.