Job Search Resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lemonsnicks

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Compiling a comprehensive list of the best places to search for a PT job and your input is needed.
Where did you find your job? What is the best website that you have used?

Searching for a job in the Boston area for after I take the boards October 2014.

APTA website
craigslist.com
monster.com
indeed.com
 
I used the above resources without much luck finding anything besides home care, but this may vary by region. I found that for the places I wanted to work, the jobs were only posted to that company/clinic/hospital's own website and only for the course of maybe a week. So I narrowed the list of places I wanted to work, bookmarked their HR/job listing pages, and then took a few minutes to check them daily. That's how I landed my current job, where openings are few and far between. If there is a greater need in your area, you may have a different experience. There is no shortage of therapists here, with 3 PT programs less than a mile from where I work.