Job while at school?

jdido09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be living in Chicago at Loyola University; I am going for pre med and obviously need to have a job for personal spending. How difficult is it to manage pre-med and a job? What about weekends, can I realistically not work weekends? Thanks and please get back to me!

Also, I'd appreciate any recommended job types for a profile like myself!!

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the kind of job you want. If you're okay with making 8-10/hr then just get a campus job tutoring, grading or something. That way you'll probably be able to do your homework and study on the job. Also campus positions tend to be more understanding during exams. You could also get a job as a lab tech in one of the research labs.

Well I just read a book that was about a neurosurgeon (I hope I spelled that right), and he wrote a really good chapter that was titled "If it was easy. Everybody would do it" but becoming a doctor isn't, thats why it takes so long and you get paid so much in the end. You can do it but just remember, it might not always be easy.

And as for the campus jobs, thats what I would do.

I will be living in Chicago at Loyola University; I am going for pre med and obviously need to have a job for personal spending. How difficult is it to manage pre-med and a job? What about weekends, can I realistically not work weekends? Thanks and please get back to me!

Also, I'd appreciate any recommended job types for a profile like myself!!

take a summer EMT course, then try to land some experience in the field and you could start working part time fairly soon.