Jobs for International Students

Started by zjm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

zjm

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am an international pharmacy student currently in my 3rd professional year (5th year in 6 year program) in a US pharmacy school.

I work for CVS as an intern, but they told me that they no longer offer job sponsorships after graduation. If you are an international student, were you able to land a pharmacy job in the US after graduation recently?
 
I am an international pharmacy student currently in my 3rd professional year (5th year in 6 year program) in a US pharmacy school.

I work for CVS as an intern, but they told me that they no longer offer job sponsorships after graduation. If you are an international student, were you able to land a pharmacy job in the US after graduation recently?

Almost impossible now...because of the economy...I'm thinking about moving to Canada or getting a PhD or MPH/MBA/MHA
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I work for CVS as an intern in California, there are some locations where they still do offer H1B sponsorship for international students...

where are u guys located?






I am an international pharmacy student currently in my 3rd professional year (5th year in 6 year program) in a US pharmacy school.

I work for CVS as an intern, but they told me that they no longer offer job sponsorships after graduation. If you are an international student, were you able to land a pharmacy job in the US after graduation recently?
 
I work for CVS in Massachusetts and they no longer sponsor H1B visas nationwide.

kampungboy, did your regional manager said that they still sponsor H1B? Cause I heard a totally different answer.
 
are you guys serious?! I thought studying pharmacy is the easy way to find a job here in US. This is real bad!!! How about Walgreens, Rite Aid,...???
 
are you guys serious?! I thought studying pharmacy is the easy way to find a job here in US. This is real bad!!! How about Walgreens, Rite Aid,...???
When there aren't huge shortages in a field, it's unlikely it would be easy for a company to bring in workers on H1B visas to compete against trained workers here in the States.