Jobs in RI for an EMT-B?

Started by johnc9109
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

johnc9109

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going to be finishing my EMT-B course this summer and hopefully will pass the exam and be licensed soon after. My question is though as an EMT-B, what exactly can I do. At least for RI, finding jobs is tough, especially for one that has this certification.

All of the hospitals I looked at in terms of jobs have a ton of jobs for CNA's and Med Techs, but none that have EMT-B as a qualification. Is the EMT-B equivalent to any other license, such as a Med Tech? I volunteer with my school's EMT program, but we don't have many calls and even so its nothing too big. I'm trying to get the most experience I can, but it's a pain to actually get it.

As a volunteer in the hospital, lets say in the ER, can I actually do much with my EMT license? Or is it just pretty much observing?

I have no clue what to do
 
Find out who handles the 911 medical calls in your region. For me it is run by volunteers so it wasn't difficult to become a part of them.