Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Fall 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think it is pretty difficult compared to other graduate public health programs, but it's certainly not impossible.

For students admitted to the MSPH program in international health, they usually have an undergraduate GPA of 3.25 or higher and test scores in the 75th percentile (lower for MSPH students, but higher for PhD students).

http://www.jhsph.edu/departments/international-health/faq.html

If you are applying for the combined Peace Corps program, I would think that they would like you to have some sort of international experience prior to applying, although not required. I think that when you are applying to masters level public health programs, specifically at JHU, they want to see that you can handle the work. Since GDEC involves taking the epidemiologic methods and biostatistics sequences, you definitely want to have a strong background in mathematics and science. I was a neuroscience major and finished the premedical course requirements (physics, biochemistry, physical chemistry, physiology, calculus, statistics, etc) and I was admitted to the epidemiology program, however I had a pretty good quantitative background, international research and public health experience prior to applying.

I think displaying passion for public health through your statement of purpose and public health experience are the most important. High GPA's and test scores can only get you so far. They want to see evidence of your involvement and interest in public health related areas. I hope this helps. Also you should look at this thread to get an idea of the GPA's, test scores and experiences of students that were admitted to JHU.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/mph-fall-2014-applied-accepted-waitlisted-rejected.1040622/

Members don't see this ad.

I accepted my offer of admission for the MHS program in Clinical and Cardiovascular Disease Epidemiology and paid my enrollment deposit today! So I am officially a part of the Centennial Class of 2016! I am looking into opportunities to engage in graduate student research and community service during my first year so far so I have been emailing professors to find opportunities. I haven't really looked at housing yet, but I will be looking around during the weekend of Admitted Students Day on the 27th and 28th. Congratulations to you as well!

Hi, I applied for the same program this past month (deadline: Jan 15, 2017). Do you remember how long it took for you to get a reply back from JHU? I've received acknowledgement that my application is currently under review but nothing else. Thanks!