Johns Hopkins EM Residency Schedule & Procedures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rocketfrog03

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I've searched and read the Johns Hopkins EM Residency Review (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/johns-hopkins-university-jhu-residency-reviews.772481/), but couldn't find any information on the following:

1) how long and how many shifts on average does each PGY have to do in a month. How many of these shifts are overnight.
2) are traumas shared with surgery residents? If so, is it on an alternating basis? Who does the intubations, chest tubes, etc?

If anyone could shed some light on the above questions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
 
I'm not too sure why.

I was under the impression that the aforementioned thread was a compilation of posts that OP had compiled for just reviews, but I see your point, if I don't get an answer in a few days I suppose I could try asking in that thread, there are probably more people who have that thread flagged for updates than people who will see this thread.