-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Johns Hopkins Pharmacy Internship 2013
Started by woosiecg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Also, got that email...I'm a PY2 as well! 🙂 I got another email today saying the positions are still being approved or not and we should know something this week or next. Did anyone get an email with something different/same? Summer is around the corner!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a P2 currently, P3 in the upcoming summer. So is Jamill.Congratulations to the accepted folks! What year in pharmacy school are you guys? I am wondering if they prefer P3 over P2 or P2 over P1s.
Also, got that email...I'm a PY2 as well! 🙂 I got another email today saying the positions are still being approved or not and we should know something this week or next. Did anyone get an email with something different/same? Summer is around the corner!
I got the same thing as well! Does anybody know what they're waiting for approval on? What do you think the approval is about?
Not really sure! It's Monday and they said we would hear last week or this week "Hopefully". Is that the message everyone else got?
Not really sure! It's Monday and they said we would hear last week or this week "Hopefully". Is that the message everyone else got?
Mine said that they'd try for approvals last week or this week.
Ok, it's midweek of "next week" and I haven't heard any official news...anyone?
Ok, it's midweek of "next week" and I haven't heard any official news...anyone?
Nope, still haven't heard anything about approvals! Did anyone ask what the approvals are about?
I got my call today!! I was officially accepted! Good luck everyone!!
I got my call today!! I was officially accepted! Good luck everyone!!
congrats! which one were you offered?
Thank you! I'm sure more calls will be made throughout the week! I was offered Critical Care.
Thanks! I was offered the Weinberg outpatient pharmacy position.
Congrats! I was in that spot a couple years ago, it's a great experience 🙂
I interviewed on Jan. 7th and got a phone call on Mar. 1st with an internship offer. I accepted! Good luck to everyone else who applied! Oh, I'm also a P2.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Awesome! Congrats! So anyone know what they are doing for living?
Hey guys! I am a P1 right now, and I was just curious in what way can I raise my chances to receive an interview and possibly accepted? I heard this was a very competitive program! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Congrats to those of you who were accepted! 🙂
I just completed my first year as well and I am interested in applying for this summer internship for next year. Does anyone have any input on how to strengthen our application? Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
I was also wondering if working as a hospital pharmacy intern during the year work against you, since the summer internship is supposed to give experience in the clinical/hospital setting?
Thank You!
I was also wondering if working as a hospital pharmacy intern during the year work against you, since the summer internship is supposed to give experience in the clinical/hospital setting?
Thank You!
Hey bterre108! I was in the JH internship program in 2013. I would say to make sure you have strong recommendation letters, preferably one from someone you have worked with closely. Also, they look for people who are well rounded- involvement with leadership, community service, work, organizations, etc. Make sure to list everything possible on your CV. And in the letter of intent I would advise you to look at the positions that are available and highlight a specific position or two that you think you would be a good fit for and why. The phone interview is totally different, but the first part is getting past the first cut and getting selected for a phone interview from your paper application.Hey, to all those that were accepted could you give some advice about applying/the interview process it would be really appreciated?
Johns Hopkins has a pharmacy internship?
Sounds awesome. I guess I should have paid more attention in school
I was actually accepted there for undergrad (with bad grades 😎) but I didn't go. More fool me
Sounds awesome. I guess I should have paid more attention in school
I was actually accepted there for undergrad (with bad grades 😎) but I didn't go. More fool me
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K