Johns Hopkins Post-Bacc Health Science Intensive

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else heard back (interview or acceptance)?

Members don't see this ad.

I had an interview last Tuesday. Now, just waiting to hear back. Do you happen to know when classes would start?

I'm going to be attending this program this upcoming year! Classes start next month (late May, after Memorial Day). Orientation will be the week before. Summer class registration started last month :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to be attending this program this upcoming year! Classes start next month (late May, after Memorial Day). Orientation will be the week before. Summer class registration started last month :)
I really hope I get in, but I am not so sure about how I did on the interview. Are you from the area?

I really hope I get in, but I am not so sure about how I did on the interview. Are you from the area?

Ah no, I'm actually from California ahaha. Good luck! I heard back exactly a week later after the interview.

Ah no, I'm actually from California ahaha. Good luck! I heard back exactly a week later after the interview.
Oh, man. That will be tomorrow! I'm from Baltimore, if I do get in I'll be commuting to the Montgomery campus.

Oh, man. That will be tomorrow! I'm from Baltimore, if I do get in I'll be commuting to the Montgomery campus.

Hopefully you get in! As long as you were yourself and honest, I think you'll be fine.

Last time I checked, the summer classes were slowly filling up (at least the professors that previous HSI students recommended to take).

Hopefully you get in! As long as you were yourself and honest, I think you'll be fine.

Last time I checked, the summer classes were slowly filling up (at least the professors that previous HSI students recommended to take).
Yeah, I counted all of the Youtube and Vimeo JHU HSI submission videos and I counted about 32 people and the lady that interviewed me said that they expected about double the previous enrollment.

Yeah, I counted all of the Youtube and Vimeo JHU HSI submission videos and I counted about 32 people and the lady that interviewed me said that they expected about double the previous enrollment.

The FB group for all the accepted students is around 34 members or so. I remember someone saying that they predict about 50 people total in the program with class sizes around 20.

The FB group for all the accepted students is around 34 members or so. I remember someone saying that they predict about 50 people total in the program with class sizes around 20.

That's good to hear! I applied kinda last minute and I was worried that all the spots were already filled since it's so close to when classes start

Now i'm just waiting and it's the worst!

She told me that the largest class would be about ~70 people because some classes might overlap with the Post-bacc group. But that class sizes should be relatively small.

That's good to hear! I applied kinda last minute and I was worried that all the spots were already filled since it's so close to when classes start

Now i'm just waiting and it's the worst!
Me too! I should hear back by this week. This is the worst, I keep checking my email.

Is there anyone who completed the program who can talk about it? I am looking into applying to this program to strengthen my weak areas and it seems like an amazing program.

Do they really have a 100% acceptance rate for those who apply to medical school from this program?
Is it worth the tuition they charge? (Unsure of adding more debt to my name)
If so, how is their financial aid for the program?

Sorry for slamming the questions, I am just really curious about this program!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi I know this thread is very old, but anyone from here completed the program and would like to share their experience? I'm trying to decide whether to choose this program or another (my ultimate goal is to go to med school). Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi I know this thread is very old, but anyone from here completed the program and would like to share their experience? I'm trying to decide whether to choose this program or another (my ultimate goal is to go to med school). Thank you!
This is my question also, I just spoke with an academic advisor and asked too many questions...poor girl...but it looks good i think...would love to hear any opinions/suggestions/comments regarding the program or similar programs. Thanks tuna_mayo (love tuna and mayo) for letting me jump in!