Joining a sport club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulmed195

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I go to gym for an hour 3-4 days a week last year, and I still did very well in my classes. I'm thinking of joining a sport club instead of going to gym this year. Does participating in a sport club look impressive to medical school, or is it just like any other ECs?

Members don't see this ad.

If you want to do club sports, do it, but don't just play a sport to try to impress an adcom. Actually, don't do any specific activity to solely impress someone. I play varsity sports, and it's not too big of an interference with my classes, but I'm certainly not going to games and getting up for 6 am practices to make it "look good" on an application. I bet you'd love playing in a sport club, so just go for it!

I go to gym for an hour 3-4 days a week last year, and I still did very well in my classes. I'm thinking of joining a sport club instead of going to gym this year. Does participating in a sport club look impressive to medical school, or is it just like any other ECs?

You're kidding...

...right?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's definately not impressive to an adcom. However, you could describe it as a way to stay in shape/stay healthy, which can show your commitment to medicine and overall health. There's always a way to sell the activity.

wow, clearly a newbie...

everyone here in med school is a skinny indie music fan with thick glasses and wouldn't find anything wrong with multiple forward passes in a single football down.

sports are far too barbaric for someone who's going to be a good doctor.

To make it short, sweet and to the point: NO ONE *EXPLETIVES DELETED* CARES.